Classic Content

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Twinnrova, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Twinnrova Journeyman

Hello everybody!

I'm Twinnrova, a new resident of Norrath. I'm on my fourth day ever of playing EverQuest, choosing this time to join so that I can experience the Coirnav TLP server! I just had a few questions about what is involved in Classic EverQuest and was hoping the forums could help me out :)

1) First off, which continents/areas make up Classic? I know that Antonica is playable, but what other places are accessible to me right now? I'm excited to explore them all!

2) Are raids the ultimate PvM challenge in this game? My favorite part of any MMO is a hopefully challenging/difficult endgame!

3) What are the raids that I will have access to in Classic?

4) At what level (out of 50 of course on a TLP server) would you suggest trying to take on raids?

Thank you guys so much in advance for your time and help! :)
    moogs likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Technically speaking every zone available to you right now is "classic" since there are no expansion unlocks right now. So every zone you visit before the first expansion unlock will be considered classic. You can visit zones outside of your home city but keep in mind if you are a good race you wont be welcome in evil cities and if you are an evil race you wont be welcome in good cities. That's not to say you cant visit them but the residents and guards of those cities will try to attack you so be prepared if you decide to visit them.

As far as raids your best bet is to find a guild that is going to raid. They will give you the best idea of what raids await you. You can ask for event information in advance and then look on allakazam to get some info about the mobs in the event and such. Much later on (HOT expansion) EQresources will probably be more useful for this information but you have a long ways to go on that server before you have to worry about that.

In terms of raids being the ultimate its all subjective. Later in EQ there are some really challenging group missions that I might argue require more team work since you are limited in class abilities while most raids will have access to all class abilities. Raids are the ultimate form of team work though with individual teams working together and within that those teams working with other teams to beat the raid. For classic I believe and for the first several expansions the raids are rather strait forward if I recall. Pretty much tank, heal, dps and maybe a little cc. They started to add more complexity to them as the game has evolved so if things seem a little basic to begin with remember this was EQ's evolution of raids so naturally things started out simple and over time have become more complex.

It has been a very long time since I played classic in era so I am probably not the best person for advice on this but I am going off of memory and my overall experience in EQ over the last 19 years. Someone who frequents the TLP scene would probably give you more detailed info and I might suggest utilizing this thread in the TLP forums for more feedback from those peeps who might not look in the newbie area.

Lastly welcome to EQ and I hope you enjoy the ride. If you find classic to be to basic you might want to consider one of the live servers. Keep in mind you would be trading grouping for pretty much everything level 1-100ish for modern EQ so if grouping from the start is the most important thing TLP servers are probably the best route to go.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Yruc Augur

1. Faydwer, Antonica and Odus are the classic continents.
    2. Raids are the end game of EQ yes
    3. Classic raids are - Plane of Fear, Plane of Hate, Plane of Sky, Lord Nagafen (Fire Dragon) and Lady Vox (Ice Dragon)
    4. The Planes require you be at least 46 before you can enter recommend 47+ due to deaths (if you die and lose 46 you will not be able to re-enter the planes). The 2 dragons have not level requirement, but recommended to be 45+

Find a guild that raids - watch for server messages saying please congratulate so and so for killing Lord Nagafen and do a /who all so and so and note their guild. Look them up and see if they fit your play time and style. Have fun.
  4. Twinnrova Journeyman

Thank you guys so much for the information! Yruc that is exactly what I was looking for. I will definitely do so!
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Don't expect too much challenge or complexity from classic era raids. However, TLP servers are great for seeing raid content get progressively more interesting as the expansions go on.
  6. Twinnrova Journeyman

Xyroff-cazic, that is exactly what I'm excited for. I'm okay with the first 12 weeks being simple as I learn the core mechanics of the game. I am really going to enjoy spending my time in the present content and learning the boundaries and limitations of what are possible, before seeing an entirely new expansion every 12 weeks that gives me even more to take in and learn and conquer and explore and collect. All of this content is brand new to me, so it more or less guarantees I'll always have something to look forward to for the next few years.