Classic Combat Music?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Geozen, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Geozen Journeyman

The new combat music is so loud and obnoxious I can't stand to have it turned on. This is disheartening for me because I loved the old combat music.

My question... is there a way to mod the files of the EQ directory to get the old combat music to play or any other easier way? If this is possible is it a violation of terms that could result in my account being punished?

I'd rather live with no combat music than to violate the terms of use.
  2. Cidran Augur

I don't know now but it used to be possible to replace the actual combat tracks on the EQ folder for whatever you wanted, copying the mp3 with the same name.

I tried replacing them for two of the older combat tracks (I loved them too) however, only one of them played, looping over and over :( I think I tried everything and still couldn't make it work properly.

In conclussion... I think it's impossible, I'm sorry.
    Geozen likes this.
  3. Geozen Journeyman

Ok thank you for the reply. I would honestly like just one of the older combat tracks playing. I listened to them for hours and hours back in the day and I dont think I would mind now. However the new BRASS EXPLOSION combat music is turned off and will never be turned on again.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

The problem is, EQ will replace any file replacements you make once you repatch.
    Geozen likes this.
  5. Geozen Journeyman

Thats what I was thinking. Not worth my time to redo it. I'll just deal with no combat music for now. Thanks for the replies.