Classes that dont require millions of AAs?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by dundada3100, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed - And I'd add Berzerker to that for the same reason, it's a "single focus" type of character.

I've discovered that Rangers require a flocking pant-load of AA to keep it all up.
    Damage avoidance /mitigation like everyone.
    Melee output AA's like a warrior.
    Healing AA's like a Druid or Cleric.
    Buffing AA's (like any caster)
    Spell damage AA's (like any caster)
    And then there's the whole archery line......

Dear Cod - Ratty has 1000 AA at 75 and is no where near done maxing out for the level yet.

-W
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

you should look for what silvers have done with the 1k limit and what classes are gtg to play.
  3. dundada3100 Elder

been playing around with some instant lvl 100 characters and Mage actually seems like the easiest and most relaxing to play. The rotation actually rivals WoW for being a joke to play. Send pet, Malo AA, Keep my highest fire Rain spell on cooldown, spam fire nuke as filler, then cast RS on GoM procs. Never played a mage before and was still taking on 2-3 kobolds at a time in Solb with no problems. Not once did I feel like I was in trouble.

Necro on the other hand I have like 8 DoTs that I guess I have to put up on every single mob I pull. sure its not really that hard to just start at spell 1 and click my way down the spell bar but it does get old after a while. Wizard really confused me as theres like 20+ spells just for level 95+. Then a ton of activate AAs to increase my crit and damage. Seems like a ton of button mashing and I really dont like playing with a tone of keybinds. Also I seem to fail at kiting. Always ran into something else.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

How do you come by these "instant level 100 characters"??
    -Rat
  5. Quatr Augur

Call of the Forsaken Beta, I would guess?
  6. Venur Lorekeeper

Everquest challenge pretty much never been the "rotation" as none of them is close to be achallenge, its the game mechanic.

A monk rotation consitested of 1 single button for years and the class was considered one of the hardest to skillcap.
  7. Shanaie Lorekeeper

Maybe it's a sign of the times but it doesn't take long to get to the mid 60s anymore. It can be done, casually, in a week. Press the issue and it can be done in as little as a weekend (though I've seen it done in one person's day off). So there's really no 'investment of time' caveat to worry about.

You're going to want to go with either Mage or Necro. EVERY class performs better with thousands of AA. But those two classes perform at their baseline levels BEFORE you tack on those AA. Stay away from hybrids (who all pretty much require significant AA investment to reach their perceived baseline levels) and most other parent classes (warrior, cleric, shaman, monk, etc). Keep in mind that there are stages in a character's life where you can get a ton of AA in a short amount of time (The Hole being an obvious spot but Splitpaw rating high for Mages as well). But you're better off with a character that can 'go' with little to no assistance (merc or otherwise).