Classes on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalipto, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Kalipto Augur

What's the class situation like on Coirnav? Are all melee dps monks and tanks SK's? or is there a healthy mix? I've thought about coming to play but wanted to try monk. Sadly I suspect they're just too over played. Thoughts?
  2. Hopeslayer New Member

The server is very healthy. I was surprised to see so many people playing. Play whatever class you like. You will find plenty of groups.
    snailish likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

Monks stack.

Play what interests you.
  4. Hinastrom Elder

Play what interests you.....butttttttttttt if you care about your performance relative to others (most do) make sure to do your research on the various balance problems and issues before committing hundreds of hours to leveling/aaing/and gearing a class.
    Critt likes this.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

Just make a paladin, get a DA hammer, secure position as ramp tank for life.
  6. FluttyMan Elder

Play Wizard.
    Hopeslayer likes this.
  7. FIsh Lips Augur

Rogue if you want to be melee dps but don't want to fight tooth and nail for gear like a monk. Wizard if you want to be caster DPS, server seems to have plenty of necro's left over from classic Krono-quest. Mages suck thanks to raid mob mechanics changes, don't play a mage. Get one to 55 on an alternate account, turn the account off until you need a coth bot.

In terms of tanks, Paladins are rare, warriors are plentiful.
  8. Spayce Augur

If you want to play the group game, be whatever you want because group content is trivial.

If you want to be a raiding melee DPS, go Rogue because competition for gear is much less. Ranger is also a decent choice now once you get EQ/AM. Monks are literally everywhere.

If you want to be a raiding caster DPS, go Wizard because they are the best. Necro can also get high on the parses now on longer fights, but I hear they have issues with needing to cast dozens of DoTs later.

If you want to be "the tank" on a raid, you will have to go Warrior.

If you want to be a good group tank and be able to switch to good raid DPS, play an SK...but be aware there are some mobs that neuter spell DPS and you will be Paladin DPS for those fights.

If you want to be a good group tank and get easy raid gear, be a Paladin...but then you're stuck being a Paladin.
  9. malaki Augur

Mostly the play what you want thing is true, but I'd stay away from casters if you want to play a DPS. Luclin they're still in a good spot, but you'll be getting into the level 65 expansions soon and it becomes bleak for a long stretch.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Curious as to how apart from the occasional PAL only item that they get "easy" raid gear, 95% of drops are shared with other more common plate classes.

Most plate armor is shared among all 3 tank classes as well as bards and clerics. Particularly in later expacs where visible armor is based on mold drops and 1/3 or more of your raid are plate wearers.
  11. Xhartor Augur

I take it that headshot nerf killed the Ranger population on Coirnav? Agnarr at this point was overflowing with Rangers and chain prices were sky high. Rogue weapons were still the cheapest of the 3.
  12. a_librarian Augur

No they are super popular and still can dominate parses on Coirnav.