Class Choice - The downside to every class from someone who has played them all on the TLP (2 hours)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 27, 2020.

1. TheTone Elder

Oy - I know this...but you need to just learn to say "no", haha. You can be a good little shaman and keep up every buff in the spellbook on your whole group but your group DPS will likely go up less than a fraction of a leg hair. Maybe haste the monk and regen yourself...but when the Bard asks for agility buffs, just run away.
  2. Nicorus Elder

This. Even in raids you really shouldn't be doing more than haste, str and maybe dex on melee as nothing else even does anything, and dex only if they have a weapon with a great proc. AGI does nothing, STA only really has a big impact on tanks.
    Jubilee likes this.
  3. MMOer Augur

This sounds absolutely wrenched and makes me happy to know I left at the correct time.. and time again.
  4. Lejaun Augur

It really let you determine who was a good bard and who wasn't early on.
  5. Runes Augur

Reported for being funny and entertaining
    MMOer likes this.
  6. Salte New Member

Hilarious...and mostly true.
    MMOer likes this.
  7. WokeCat Augur

8. Neuro Elder

Wizard - How are you OOM already? This is the first pull! Ok, everything is CC’ed, let’s focus them down... wait, who broke mez? You cast a rain spell with four mobs in camp? Chanter dead, evac us! Wizard? You have mana, evac us! Oh, you’re afk, great. Why did we bring you again?

Ah, that’s right. Can you port us to Hate? Here’s 5 plat for the stone...
    WokeCat likes this.
  9. MMOer Augur

being wizard was not worth mentioning.. but since you brought it up.

Wizard - You like dumping big mana bomb dps? Here is your change to shine! BOOOM! Resist... Resist... The rog just out DPS'ed you. Take off your robe and wizard hat and wait for you mana to slowly come back. It will only take 10 minutes... just tab out so you do not have to see your pug group cry about you afk all the time. IM NOT AFK.... MEDDING!! will be your mantra. Why does your group never have an enchanter?? Oh that's right, a smart leaders wouldn't have invited a wizard in the first place, that's why. Be lucky you even have this group for how ever long it lasts before everyone "gets hungry" and logs. Be sure to join taxi channel so you have something to do while LFG.
    Jubilee and WokeCat like this.
  10. Archess Elder

This post made me remember "You have entered Veeshans peak" xD

<- Original Ranger forever, I so so so never got parties back in Kunark..especially when I rolled up in full Rubicite xD
  11. MMOer Augur

If you ever wonder about which class to pick.
    Skuz, Gormgeous and Appren like this.
  12. mark Augur

i love all classes i have been know to box 12 with 8 different classes what i found is classic its the hardest for buffs meming spells skilling up casting defense etc,if you can survive those 3 months life becomes easier each expansion.i love the variety in everquest and the game is fun,fun and fun.
  13. Jubilee New Member

Pulling with a human Monk instead of a sexy female elvish bard? well THERE'S your problem. Dontcha know the bards needs something to do between clicking their melody macro once and going AFK? XD
  14. Jubilee New Member

As someone who duos a Mage and Necro in groups and in-era raids I find that most of the time a twitch or two once the DoTs are cast allows BOTH characters to essentially spam nuke indefinitely from that point on for the rest of the fight, with an occasional re-DoTing for the very few things survive long enough to justify it (mostly just raid bosses tbh). An occasional Twitch now and then can add up to a big difference over a long fight or when medding after a big fight, just don't tunnel vision the Clerics because caster DPS needs love too and with PC damage as bananas high as it is you usually WANT the sustained caster DPS MORE than the usually entirely unnecessary healer mana anyways =P.
  15. Jubilee New Member

Sounds like he forgot to Tash first?
  16. Appren Gnomercy

If you can't do more damage with the 400 (minus spec) mana than the other caster can do with the measly 150 they get from you, you are doing something wrong! (not counting that one or two dragons in TOV necro spells dont land on)
  17. MMOer Augur

Some say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
  18. username17 New Member

^ Someone is maining a Necro on this next TLP! :p
  19. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Gold star. Should be sticky post for fresh TLP returners.
  20. Tsuaruanni Elder

This post has shown there are a lot of bad clerics on TLPs.