Class Balance / Class Need on Coirnav?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trosh, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Trosh Augur

I'm a returning veteran..

I'd rather not play cleric / sham / chanter..

Maybe try out dps?

What are the say.. top 5 guilds looking for on this server?
    Wizards?
    Rogues?

Do guilds offer leveling platforms for new arrivals that will fill a dps roll that is pure torture to lvl?

I'd love to basically get a full rundown of all classes that are in demand for each class style, and each raiding guild..

Tanks: War, Pal, Sk
    Heals: Cler, Dru, Shm
    RDPS: Rng, Wiz, Nec, Mag
    MDPS: Rog, Ber, Bst, Mnk
    um... Enc? not sure where they fit..

and yeah, there's probably a thread for this, but I went 4 pages in and didn't find one.. so here's a new one.
  2. Tanadien Journeyman

It's probably not what you want to hear, but just play what you want. You'll find a place that is good for you on Coirnav if you're decent. I wouldn't make a character based on what some people you don't know want. Just based on a sanity perspective and actually playing the game for a little bit of time.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'm bored enough to internet for you.

List of top 5 Coirnav raid guilds in terms of Luclin progress per coirnavprogress.com :
    [IMG]

Relentless Insomnia:
    [IMG]

The Final Crusade:
    [IMG]

The Fallen Council:
    [IMG]

In Virtue II:
    [IMG]

Reckless Guild:
    [IMG]
    snailish likes this.
  4. Hinastrom Elder

I agree with the not picking based on needs part, unless you are going for a specific guild, you'll find a spot as any class somewhere.

But unless you don't care about your performance, you can't really just "play what you want". Balance issues are rampant. Certain classes are mostly considered jokes in comparison to others.

If you don't care about that, sure play what you want. If you do care (almost everyone does) do your research.
  5. Hinastrom Elder

Im not knowledgeable enough to answer most of your questions past velious content, but i'll say that i've never heard of any kind of "leveling program" like you mentioned. Gonna have to do it the good ol random group grindy way like the rest of us =/ unless you make friends of course.

Gonna be kinda hard for people to give you a rundown of every class, for every era. Your going to need to narrow your question a bit.
  6. a_librarian Augur

I would add to your list of raid roles:
    Pulling - Monk/Bard with potentially a lot of specialized knowledge involved
    Augment DPS aka buffers/debuffers - Ench/Bard/Shaman/Druid and Beastlord
    Main tanks - Almost exclusively Warriors
    Off tank/Rampage Tank - Paladin in particular for rampage tanking in the current era

Across all roles the least common main raider classes I've personally seen (this will vary wildly between guilds):
    Paladin, Wizard, Beastlord, Rogue, Druid, Necro, Bard

For pure DPS I think Wizard and Rogue are both good choices, with rogue being a longer term pick and wizards being amazing right now (Ports, AE groups and huge burst DPS). If you want a DPS character that has solo power then you'll probably enjoy necro more than wizard/rogue.

If you want to play a critical raid role go Bard or Paladin. If you really want to heal and don't want to be a cleric or shaman, be a druid. If you want to play as an underdog support class and then many months later start to evolve into a DPS class then maybe go Beastlord?
  7. Trosh Augur

I'd like to thank you guys for going way above and beyond what I was even asking..

Basically I've done all the support roles for top guilds.. just never tanked or done DPS.. so tanks are suuuuper rare to get into the limelight, so I wanted to try some DPS action..

I've decided on a rogue.. I hope it works out!

Either way, I'm sure I'll have fun!!
    snailish likes this.