/claim

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by An old ELF!, Dec 20, 2013.

1. An old ELF! Lorekeeper

Anyone else getting this message upon /claim of an illusion?
    " You must have a top-level inventory slot available in order to claim your reward. Please empty an inventory slot and try again "

I tried to /claim an illusion and I need to move a bag out of the slot ?? There is a slot in that bag empty for it. It is a Faerie Kin Bag.
    Size: GIANT
    Size Cap: GIANT
    I have several bags that have a slot open for an item that gives you an illusion.

Is this part of a way to make players have larger bags by offering 32 slot bags for 2500 SC?
    That is $20.00 for one bag?
    2 cards.
  2. Tobynn Augur

Follow the message instructions. The capacity of your bags is irrelevant.
  3. Smak Augur

It is set that way because some claimed items are actual containers with items inside them. And you cannot put a full bag inside another bag.
    Stickietoes likes this.
  4. Crystilla Augur

/em dons her friendly spirit hat

What Tobynn was trying to say but did so in few words was - the instruction says "inventory slot". Those are the 8 or 10 slots in your inventory window (that bags or other things can sit in). You need one of those open.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

The easiest way around this, if you're claiming an illusion mask, is:

Type /claim
    Find the item in your list you want to claim
    Pick up a bag and leave it on your cursor
    Hit the claim button
    Illusion clicky goes into the slot the bag was in
    Put the bag on your cursor back in that slot
    Drop the illusion clicky into your inventory

Now you have claimed it and didn't need to reorganize your bags. This works for anything that is in claim that doesn't come in a container. If it does, you can hand your bag to an NPC but do NOT hit trade, then you claim the item, move the stuff out of the container it comes in, destroy that container, and cancel the trade of your bag.

My inventory is usually filled to the brim. :oops:
    Axxius likes this.
  6. Smak Augur

Or put all your lon loot items into a bag in the cabilis forge and close it, so I can open it up and take them all...
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Watch out for Smak behind the Kelethin bank! He's on to your plat drop spot!
  8. An old ELF! Lorekeeper

Fantastic idea. Thank you !

Just strange how you need a main slot where your bags are just for a small item.
    My bags are full all the time :) 10 slot or 32 slot or .. they will be full.
    Thanks again !
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

lol I think I did that once had a bag on the curser and claimed some thing that was a bag.
    bag on the curse had items no drop could not drop the bag on the curser
    new item was a bag had items in the bag that were no drop
    all my otehr bags had no drop items -
    very fun think I ended up deting the claim bag and calling it a night. -lol have fun
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The claim window existed before 1) the inventory revamp where you could place bags inside other bags, and 2) The quest reward window where you can receive multiple items at once.

In the before time, the only way to be able to get bags and/or multiple items was to have an open top-level inventory slot to hold a bag. Additionally, this ensures that you have space for all the items, since if you tried to claim a reward that had 3 items, but you only had 2 slots, you would lose one.

I asked if the claim window could be improved (the already added sorting <3) by giving items directly into bags, but it would 1) require they redo existing claims and 2) isn't really that big of a priority.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just wish they would add new items to the claim window at the bottom and not scatter them throughout the list. It is a pain when you get new items in the list from expansions/beta/lon/sc and have to search the whole list to try and find items, especially ones which have slightly different names.