chronobines, dream motes, silver tokens, ect...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pruritus, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Pruritus New Member

Today I was talking with a few people I was grouped with about how many of these old currency we have and how we never go back to these old expansions. The idea came up that maybe after an expansion is 2 or 3 expansions old that maybe the raid currency could be added to the vendor selling group items for a premium. That way even a non raider could eventually get things like rk3 spells or an item they always wanted but missed now that they are kinda trivial.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

I believe that would be something Ngreth would have to answer...
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Ngreth has already stated his opposition to things like this, but also stated that if anything was ever added it would only go backwards (new to older) and it would only be exchanging raid currency for raid currency.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Just put raid items 3 expansion old or more on loyalty vendor, including spells. Then make old expansion currency tradable for loyalty tokens.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Keep in mind that there are many many players in EQ and not all of them play the same way - what you find useless is still being used by many. Some of the augs, armor, jewerly, shard augs, spells etc are still a stepping stone for those coming up in the game.

I like the idea you have of being able to buy RK III spells with old currency but I feel it would just confuse things. So should a level 87 bard get his song spell or continue to save for some raid item that he cannot wear for many levels? Just an example.

Besides much of this currency is perfect for paying your plot and house rent. I am always wiped out and needing more chronobines or dubloons.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Balthozzar Elder

I think that they are of the opinion that old group/raid currency that you have leftovers of is just meant to sit there, just like old gear from past expansions. I don't entirely agree, as I think that currency, group or raid, from multiple expansions in the past should become heirloom, at least. That way it isn't completely useless to your main character once the gear and spells from those expansions are obsolete for you. It wouldn't be useless to alts.

If that's not an option either, at least come up with something useful to buy with old currency. There's got to be something ><
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You would be mistaken, on both counts. Old group and raid currency is intended to be used on the old content or on housing. Similarly, the old gear is intended to be tribute after it is no longer useful.
  8. Lubianx Augur

Whilst it would be nice, but I am not fussed either way, I thought that I would pick you up on something here.
    Not all older gear can be tributed. I have a hell of a lot of older gear just sitting around which cant be tributed (SOD, HH Seb, some PoP etc)
    Balthozzar likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bags!

The bags from raid and group currency is heirloom, also lore but I use bags for my alts, nice to have some 40 sloters on my tradeskill mule.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.