Christams Decorations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sostenes, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Sostenes Augur

Hello Vets,

I was wondering if you guys knew of ways to get placeable Xmas decorations for pp, rather than for SC or Loyalty points :p Is that even possible?

My guild is having a Xmas home decoration contest and I don't wanna have to spend 100 bucks on decorations at marketplace lol

Any help or decorating ideas would be appreciated :D

Sostenes
  2. Stickietoes Augur

Nope :(, only Loyalty and Market.
  3. Crystilla Augur

It depends what you want to use for decorations. There are items in game that can act as round bulbs on a tree for ornaments, and lots of the glowy orbs for xmas tree lights.

For a very small area blowing snow effect (more like white frost) you can use either of the Crystilla's special ale or signature ale drops and sink them behind something so you just see the effect.

There are fog effects if you want a little bit of a haze.

We use all of these in our guild hall or in my various houses.

The tricky part is I haven't personally seen garland, though you can purchase trees with plat to help decorate.

Will post back if I think of anything else.
  4. Sostenes Augur

Thank you so much :D
  5. Crystilla Augur

Putting down some names.

Poisoned apple
    Some of the ground spawns in some zones like Eldder Forest, etc.

Glass presents (most of the 5 doze essence of _____ illusions are placable and different colors).

Torch of truth (hide it in something and you get a little bubble smokey look).
    Shrunken jack-o-lantern (haven't tried it but miniaturized might work for an ornament)
    Crest of Fal`Kaa's Order (from a Pillar's quest) almost looks like those miniature russian eggs (ornament possibly or other decoration)
    Crystalline eye
    Fabled Crystalline eye
    Ophidian Relic (placed the right way looks like a wave of gold-could be used as a setting for things to be placed on)
    Frosty snow globe
    Sea horse lamp
    Candied brain

MANY of the range items look like the glowy globes (especially defiant ones)
    - Orb of thunderous spirits
    - Enthralling orb
    - Blackflame sphere
    - Fabled blackflame sphere
    - Eye of innoruuk
    - Elegant combatant's shard
    - Ball of cosgrove clay
    - Chunk of decaying cloth
    - Intricate adept's sphere
    - Shattered egg of tirranum
    - Sphere of encased flame
    - Hands of immobile flame

Ivrikdal's Aura of Corruption (black smoke)

Patterened cylindical blocks (wood, other ones) can be shaped into ornaments as well

Gold ornaments
    Big snowflakes (can use these for doilies, snowflakes (we even used it for a basketball hoop and on our ping pong table)
    Ceramic jugs (for ornaments shrunk down)
    Simple wood barrels (if you like a rustic ornament)

Beach balls (for ornaments)
    Wreath
    Rivervale Bandit's coin (need to be a little creative to see the possibilities on this one)
    Algot's focus crystal (can act as an icicle)
    Sostenes likes this.
  6. Sostenes Augur

Wow thank you Crystilla I will give them a try :D
  7. Crystilla Augur

Here's some more from house #2 in Dogwood Bridge Estates (the above list was from our guild hall and house #1 in Maple Sunset Brook in case you want to check out anything in person first).

Note - as I mentioned above, most of these take a little vision to see how to use them or where. If you need to invest a little SC, doing it on the bigger items like a tree or santa stuff is probably the way to go if you can get away with icicles, and tree ornaments this way.

Magic sphere of answers
    Shadowed storm sphere
    Steam-powered disc of command
    Quintessence of elements (bury it inside the tree and you get a star point at the end) - if you raided Time
    Crystal of the 10th celebration (another icicle)
    Vial of blessed water - if you raided Demiplane
    Manastone

Cleric usable weapons that have some interesting points
    Verdant mace of the vicar
    Crystalline sledge
    Pacifying skullcracker

Forged velium shuriken

~~ These below are from my home on Willow Bridges.

Timeshear (this looks really cool as a swirly colorful sphere)
    Globe of rememberance
  8. Brohg Augur

Algid Bag of Frozen Tears summons unlimited Frozen Tears to do snowy decorating with, but any substantial project will be somewhat laggy to walk through with low-memory computers. Also, use the heck out of mage-summoned pet ice swords for their particles.
  9. Crystilla Augur

Oh god, how could I forget those pet swords - those look AWESOME!
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

You can also collect lightstones - all varieties. They have the same appearance as the Timeshear. It's what I use on my trees, and I use the Winterbane for the particle effects, and.... ugh, it's another mage summoned weapon, older, looks kinda like an icicle. I use those outside. For lights, I use the defiant range and h2h items. Yellow, pink, blue, and green. Can rotate them to show the front, and get a pinpoint of light, or turn them around and hide that part, and just let the sparklies on it be the light.
    Crystilla likes this.
  11. Brohg Augur

This thread needs screenshots.
  12. Fendy Augur

[IMG][/quote]
    Reposting from my post in the other frostfell decoration thread. This is sold by spooky sally for zero plat. I'd suggest stocking up on a few.
  13. Fendy Augur

[IMG]

Also available for free from Spooky Sally
  14. Melanippe Augur

Just an added bit of information, even though these are marked Temporary, if placed in an instanced zone, Guild Hall and/or Yard or House and/or Yard they will not poof. After the holidays you can out them into the closet or shed on the property and they will stay there till you need them again. :) They behave like summoned Mage weapons in instances :) Very handy.
  15. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

These are pics of my tree, with the lightstones and sparklies as the lights.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Crystilla and SaderakhBertox like this.
  16. Melanippe Augur

Spooky Sally may still be up in Halas at the dock by the way. Suggest checking. She's still up on at least three servers, Bristlebane, Luclin and The Rathe.
  17. Saave Augur

Hmm I want "Snow Patch, Frosty the Snowman, and lights ( on a string ).... to be available in Marketplace please !!
  18. Fendy Augur

[IMG]
    I know it's not the marketplace, but light strings are available on the loyalty vendor.