Chat taken away???

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CatsPaws, May 29, 2016.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I have a pay account, a grandfathered account and some free accounts. As we all know there are 2 different chats that are default. General chat and New player chat. I have always only been able to get into General Chat with the pay account and EQ even references that this is a bonus of paying. My free accounts are restricted to New Player chat only. They cannot get into General Chat. HOWEVER my grandfathered account and everyone else's grandfathered accounts have always been able to get into General Chat and New Player Chat both. It has been this way a few years and has been helpful in passing info back and forth. Now today there is no New Player chat on my grandfathered accounts, only General chat. So I have to log in a free account if I want to see/help/chat to players in New Player chat. Why was this taken away?
  2. Lynnia Augur

I think, and I could be wrong, that the "New Players" channel is only auto-joined by characters below a specific level. However, you should be able to /join newplayers and get into it that way. You could even add it to an /autojoin list to automatically join it every time you log in that character.
  3. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I believe Lynnia is correct on the level req for the New Players channel. I want to say it's for level 20 and under to auto join? Could be wrong.

But yeah, feel free to join it again like Lynnia said!
  4. Weverley Augur

I agree i was grandfathered b4 and when i hit level 21 new player disappear unless i rejoin.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I don't use the Autojoin General Channels option. I simply have General and NewPlayers listed in my /autojoin list so I can join them as a paying player at any level.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You were all correct! I did not realize that with the experience bonus this weekend my grandfathered accounts went up in levels over level 20 lol. I was able to /join newplayer and get back in. I am sure I tried long ago to join newplayer on my pay account and it asked for a password but was able to get into it from that account also. Thank you everyone for your responses!
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.