Chat tab issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by dmccollum, Mar 13, 2019.

1. dmccollum Elder

I've logged in to check out the new chat tabs and they simply do not work. There is no chat appearing in any window, There's no chat entry bar, and enabling window scrolling crashes EQ. I don't have any UI mods that replace the chat windows.
    Bubossi likes this.
  2. Slylock New Member

Same problem as ^
    Bubossi likes this.
  3. narksar Augur

If the chat tabs don't work for you; count yourself lucky. Mine work. That's the problem.
    Kalynea and Bubossi like this.
  4. Lickitys_Drinal New Member

do not know the exact sequence, but if you do a "/" to start a command sometimes it kills the EQ instance. No message, just EQ disappears from the desktop. I get no start up messages (Message of the day, Fellowship motd, or guild Motd)
    when I attempted to send message nothing appeared in the text window, none of my autojoin channels appeared....

this needs some work (a lot of work)
    Bubossi likes this.
  5. johntherob Journeyman

I want an off button for these chat tabs. They suck. Every time I log on I have to re arrange my UI because of them. Enough with fixing the NOT broken parts of EQ
    Kalynea, Protius and Bubossi like this.
  6. Ssdar Augur

Are you all using custom UIs? any UI that has a custom chat window required an update to accommodate the new chat windows.

This can't be done within EQ, but you can download a standalone UI mod that will make the chat windows function almost as they did pre-patch (only conflicts with those using tell windows)
    Tabless Chat
  7. Bubossi New Member

So I can have broken windows, and see tells, or I can have unbroken windows, but lose tells in the battle spam.

I understand some may like that, but I see no reason why the change - unless DBG is trying to drive players off the game, which makes no sense at all as they're clearly still investing time and effort into it.
    narksar likes this.
  8. narksar Augur

Its been over two days since I complained about this and its not fixed yet. Not cool DBG. Yes, I'm serious.
  9. narksar Augur

Its been 14 days and still no response to this and it hasn't been fixed. Not cool DBG.
  10. Peat Moss Journeyman

I did not like them at first either. However, with some experimentation, I have made them work.

First, I put my 3 hot bars at button size 87% and arranged them across the bottom of my screen. Then I set up my chat windows. I actually like the new layout better.

If you are missing chat text, it is because you still need to assign the text to a tab. What I do is assign all of it to one so it is all in one spot, and then I filter the text I want to go to the tabs I want. I have 4 chat windows (located in various locations) for a total of 5 tabs.

Main Chat
    Skills, Faction and Who (search)
    Loot, EXP and spell fails
    Say, Item Speech
    And the rest in a tab behind the Skills tab

The window arrangement is better than before too. I love it.

The only issue is sometimes I have to copy a layout all over again because the ui resets.
  11. narksar Augur

The issue remains, none of us really asked for them nor have the ability to turn them off, which is, of course, not acceptable. We're customers, not toys.