Fixed Chat Channels Down after December 12, 2023 patch

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fanra, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They were also down before the patch.

(new thread because I put Nov. by mistake on last one and no way to change thread title)
    Paladin, strongbus, Windance and 2 others like this.
  2. Udayan New Member

Udayan of Aradune
    95 Necro
    Had maxed all stats in overseer. Still have all the achievements for it, a full set of the clockwork armor from the vendor, still sitting on over 200k tetras, but all my stats are now level 1 and im only being offered level 1 tasks....
    This seemed to occur just last night when I made my first persona.
  3. Rondor Augur

The same thing happened to me this morning, with all Overseer experience stats reset to level 1, but all of my Agents and achievements and such still intact.

As an extra data point, in my case, I had been successfully swapping personas back and forth for a few days from lower level persona to 121 original persona, and Overseer was always fine throughout, no problems, until around 24 hours ago.

I submitted a petition asking to have this fixed. The GM replied that "at this time" they can't do anything about it until the team can take a closer look at the situation. They asked me to post a bug report about it in the forums for the developers to look into it, to hopefully help come to a solution.

I will tag along on this bug report if that is OK and will mention it in my support ticket.
    PatCleric likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Resetting Overseer stats and/or progress is a bug that's been around for years, long before personas. Though it looks like personas just made it that much worse.
    PatCleric likes this.
  5. Katyanna New Member

After the last patch I logged in and found that my friends list is empty. It won't let me make a new one either. Not sure how to fix this. Help please.
    Ileasa, Silvena and Paladin like this.
  6. Baconlegss New Member

Also having this issue on Aradune. I have been using the persona system as well if that helps.
    PatCleric likes this.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

It means the client disconnected from the accounts server, itll come back.
  8. Silvena *poke*

Eventually. May take months. Or a year.
  9. Paladin Augur

It isn't just Friends, it's also ignored.

This has been the case since the last patch on Bertox.
  10. Paladin Augur

Cross Server and Server channels all gone since last Patch on Bertox.

No General, etc.
    strongbus and Fanra like this.
  11. Paladin Augur

In-Game E-mail is down.

Is this possibly related to the Chat Channels and Friends / Ignore also being down?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Working fine on Tunare and FV - Paid accounts can send and receive
  13. feytalangel New Member

Still no chat channels on Bertox.
    Paladin likes this.
  14. Udayan New Member

Did it happen before you started using personas?
  15. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue. Can anyone affected share additional reproduction steps for us to try?
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Friends/ignore lists are stored on the company side servers using the universal chat system. If the client disconnects from the UCS for any reason, friends/ignore lists (among other things) are unavailable until it reconnects.

There are any number of reasons a disconnection to the UCS can happen, from firewall problems (on the player side or company side) to the chat system being overloaded, to being ddos'd to whatever.

Most of the time it is nothing related to EQ itself and it resolves itself within a few minutes / when the player zones.
    Fanra and Silvena like this.
  17. Silvena *poke*

Usually resolves itself.

I petitioned almost three years ago about losing such a connection with one character. Nothing could be done on company side. I resigned myself to having lost that list (there were some long ago added names on it) and went on to add names fresh. Not even remotely all of them.

One random day about a year ago, the old Friends/Ignore Lists were repopulated. No rhyme. No reason. Absolutely random.

But what I'm reading is that the Bertox server itself is definitely having quite the disconnect from the chat service.
  18. Shea Lorekeeper

Chat channels have been down since patch on Bertox at least. As mentioned above, friends/ignore list being gone is a symptom of this. Nobody in our guild has seen chat channels work since the patch so I don't see how it would be that it can't be reproduced.
    Fanra, Paladin, Silvena and 1 other person like this.
  19. Shea Lorekeeper

We still haven't seen chat channels come back up since the patch on Bertox. As a side symptom friends/ignore lists don't work either.
    Paladin likes this.
  20. Windance Augur

Any eta on chat channels?

As stated, Bertox chat has been down for days.
    Paladin likes this.