Chat and friend lists broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Jan 27, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

Chat channels are not working on bertox.
    Also, no character has a friends list
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

cant send send out mail either.

Andarriel
  3. fransisco Augur

/bump

This is the third day
  4. Bobsmith Augur

This is really the first business day... it broke sometime Friday and it is now Monday. I'm sure they are, or will be aware once the 9-5 guy that maintains the server that handles the USC gets to work.

Side note my friends list will still be empty when fixed. :-(
  5. Tamaden Elder

Chats been down for 3rd day now, Dev can't be bothered they are doing more important things like messing with 5 year old content..........(who knows maybe next x-pac they get around to it)
  6. Weebaaa Augur

So last night I logged in around 10pm (Eastern) and no chat channels.
    I logged in my enchanted probably around midnight and noticed after thirty minutes that he was in general, with around 200 other people (cazic thule)
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

It seems to be "sporadic" but usually down.
    -W
  8. Bobsmith Augur

Post like this are non constructive and total speculation. The devs you are talking about, one don't work 7 days a week, two don't host the USC server.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

People use "dev" to basically mean anyone who works for DBG. Even though most of them are not devs.

Producer != dev
    Game designer != dev
    Marketing != dev (well, there is no marketing, so guess that's superfluous)
    Operations != dev

Dev is short for developer, who are the people who actually write the code. The code they write follows the direction given by the game designers. So, if you don't like changes in the game (unless it's a bug), don't blame the devs.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

Semantics. You can argue that a given game is developed by a company, so anyone in that company who has any sort of input is a "dev". It is someone who is on the inside, and can impact the game, whether they write code or not.
    Mordeen likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

/bump again!

I hope they are aware of this problem
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes. Because words mean things.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm anti semantics
    Daedly and IblisTheMage like this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How's Uncle?

;)
  15. bazinga Elder

As of 6:00 p.m. eastern monday jan. 29, channels still not up on tunare server....I even tryed to reboot entire system.
  16. Scorrpio Augur

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet...
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Roses are red, violets blue. My chat channels are broken, how about you?

It is weird that they have been up and down so much. It would seem to this non IT professional that one condition or the other would be constant.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

This is such a generation X thing to say. Still wear the black jeans and the black T? :-D