Charm Ks'ing? and Now catering to Elitists?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tharrg, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Tharrg Augur

Why is nothing being done about it? Two of the top guilds are now employing this in Hate on rare spawns in order to KS players. Its happening so often that its becoming a major issue. We are being told that there are no PNP rules on the server so deal with.. is that true... do we have to deal with this.. and now those same top guilds forcing an early vote for unlock expansion? (they will be using their vast resources of Kronos and accounts to sway the votes for themselves..) the majority do not want an unlock. STOP CATERING to these people who rushed the Raid bosses and had them killed in 3 days and max level in under 5.. The rest of us wanted to play this game for fun.
  2. Kyde New Member

Ya i wanna play for fun
    In kunark
  3. Phrovo1 Augur

I really don't understand why people don't want Kunark released. Even Velious. It is far more content than just classic and don't drops in Classic remain relevant for a bit?
  4. Tharrg Augur

I love Kunark.. I want it release.... In 5 more months.. just like we voted for in the beginning.. There is no need to rush the votes... the rest of the player base is having fun playing at slow speed because we knew that we had time to work on our characters.. and we knew that certain zones would be hard pressed for room... We cant help that those 2 guilds burned through all the content and are now bored. Let them stew for few months while the rest of us catch up... then they can have real competition with Kunark.. You release early.. and they will dominate and never look back... and the other guilds and people playing will eventually drop off..
  5. Glistarian Augur

There's a very simple way to deal with this kind of thing.

Ban the people who do it.

Ban 4 or 5 and make it known and I guarantee you the rest will step in line.

The 1000s of other customers on the server will be thankful.
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  6. Hexaholic Augur

It's not against the ToS / EULA, so you can't ban them for it.
  7. Fiyero Augur

Why would you assume the top guilds will have competition just because you get an extra 5 months to level to 50? Being 50 doesn't mean you're going to be competing for raid targets.
  8. Barton The Mischievous

The only PnP section that was removed was the KS section. The other rules and sections still apply in fact there was someone complaining to Holly on twitter that they got banned for training so the other sections of the PnP are being enforced.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

Pumice Stone. I would invest in some for these charm KS'ers and or keep cancel magic type spells loaded
  10. Hateseeker Augur

Will that work in non-pvp?
  11. Tharrg Augur

Well the Rules of Conduit clearly state.. 2. You may not harass others.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the Game Master involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed.

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

o Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

o Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

o Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

o Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).

I highlighted the areas that appear to be getting broken..
  12. Hexaholic Augur

Yep, as I suspected, nothing about charming in there.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

It say removes enchantments effecting your target and i think you have to target yourself with it in pvp been awhile since I have done any pvp in eq but I think you had to switch to yourself to use it
    Tharrg likes this.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

If they are targeting the one mob and doing it, and not killing everything in zone then zone disruption will be a hard case to make and if they are not following you or your group and taking mobs from more than one location proving harassment will also be difficult. If they are training you report it, I know they have been banning people for that, but there is no such thing as KS anymore
  15. Fohpo Augur

I can't tell if this is a TL hate thread or not.
  16. Tharrg Augur

Tonight they were following everyone and taking all mobs that were names etc. They were purposely grief'ing. They would go into area where people were and stand on top of the spawn points.. then let the other group dps the mob down then charm the mob... then finish it off. They would then move on to the next and so forth then come back to the first place.. They have also been linking drops to you and taunting you about what they got. That is clear harrasment. and they do it quite often.
  17. Mardy Augur

Like I said before, EQ is fundamentally flawed, which is why neither EQ or EQ2 are the market leader today. Crap like this, the design in itself, expects players to play nice and work with each other, hold hands around the fire pits. It just doesn't work in real life or ingame.

Back then you had GM support and people could get into trouble for disrupting others' gameplay. As long as you knew how to properly document incidents and make your case, people used to get kicked out of zones, temporary banned, or more. Now we're paying the same premium subscriptions to play on these special ruleset servers, but this time without GM support, without many rules that used to be in place.

If Daybreak wants to save money on tech support, then they better spend their dev resources to make sure crap like these can't happen ingame. Yes this means to change the game's engine, coding, how the game works, and yes fundamentally change this flawed game. Otherwise EQ will continue be run by elitist snobs that act like school bullies, except many of them are middle aged men/women this time around.
    Banuvan and Tharrg like this.
  18. Barton The Mischievous

Then that would definitely be reportable as harassment.
    Tharrg likes this.
  19. Fiyero Augur

Seems to be a TL/Faceless hate thread since they're the 2 guilds that have reached the evil "elite" status the OP hates.
  20. Alekzandre Augur

Cancel magic does work I have used it :)