Charm change request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Tutankamen Augur

Opinion: Can we not get anymore "increases in power as you kill creatures in..." or "Increases in power as you complete quests..." charms? These are just taking up space- nobody really wants these as they are basically a penalty until you've done a prolific amount of work within an expac. It would make sense if these kinds of charms had vastly superior stats than every other charm once the 'requirement' is complete but that's really not the case.
    minimind, Cadira and CatsPaws like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Totally agree with this. By the time you collect enough "as you wear more armor in X expansion" you are either done with it or the new expansion is out.

Plus there is no way to see what the end stats will be if you do complete any of the criteria. No the option to show unmodifed/modified does not work for charms.

Just an old fashioned charm would be nice

minimind and Nennius like this.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Maybe let the charm have baseline stats for it's tier and allow it to be powered up by all those other things (armor, hunter, collects, quests, etc.). I think it has been awkward look for a bit with no normal option.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

It was more or less mentioned but it makes me laugh that the security charm is literally the best stat wise for most (all?) As well as the easiest to max out. Like, what is the point of the others at any point?
    Fenthen, minimind and Triconx like this.
  5. Windance Augur

I hate all the charm power ups. Would love to see them go away.

With that said I think the order from easiest to hardest for raiders is : Quests -> Kills -> Gear

"Increases in power as you complete quests..."
    - I like these because its something I'm going to do anyway. They take a while but generally are the first thing I'm going to 'finish'

"Increases in power as you kill creatures in..."
    - This one is a little worse. Generally not to bad though because we form up "hunter" raids every time there is a spawn bonus and get them knocked out fairly easy.

"as you wear more armor in X expansion"
    - This one is great for group gear and sucks for raid gear. I almost never have a full set of the current raid gear so I'm never 100% powered up on these.
    strongbus and minimind like this.
  6. Triconx Augur

Same can be said with 90% of gear.

Just get rid of "tier 1" and make everything the TS armor at this point. Chest only drops ores spells and whatnot. No more useless junk in the chest. Loot stopped being enjoyable years ago with the current set up
    Ssdar, Windance and Cadira like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Tradeskill armor can be expensive to make, there is something to be said for being able to take a drop and equip it right away without having to have the tradeskills to make the parts you need for find someone else to make it for you.
  8. Triconx Augur

So basically a non issue is what you're saying because the price is just a simple db modification. That takes all of 5 minutes and you free up endless minutes by not having to make two tiers of gear forever.

How hard is it to find someone? Everyone and their mother has done TSes for Artisan's by now. You're just making bad attempts of being devil's advocate.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

????? Not sure what you are getting at, if you want them to go to a single tier of gear it shouldn't be the TS tier which requires a decent amount of work to make as well as time spent farming materials. If there is a single tier of gear it should be the dropped items that players can equip right away. They can adjust the stats as needed.
  10. Tutankamen Augur

Some people don't really like doing quests or missions though so those people can't even use those charms at all. That's the issue with these specific charms... it would be nice if there were just some generic charms with baseline 'good' stats... and anything based around completing content would simply be a bonus reward by giving even higher stats or reward bonuses.
  11. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Said it before and I'll say it again:
    Keep Tier 1.
    Remove TS gear.
    Replace "ores" with a clicky that offers a choice of any dropped Tier 1 item.

Keeps the uniqueness of dropped item names and the accessibility of ores allowing you to pick a specific item.
    FYAD likes this.
  12. Triconx Augur

Fine by me. One tier has to go, regardless. Having two tiers of loot is pointless, especially when you get both tiers of loot in the same raids. The entire itemization is just bad bad bad.

That being said, the devs seem adamant on having TS armor being the best and there's been an over the top focus on TS, the worst, most mind numbing, part of this game.

Make gear exciting again.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What would you do to make gear more exciting? Personally I would rather spend less time on gear and more time on other content.
  14. Triconx Augur

Personally I'd like you not feeling the need to reply to everything.

There's a ton of things to make gear exciting again. It used to be a centralized focus on content and that's a major reason why TLPs are popular. That nostalgic chase for some iconic items in the game is a real thing on those servers. The krono speak for itself.
    Cadira likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People keep making statements that gear is boring and they need to make it more exciting but I never see any real suggestions on how to do that. Personally I don't feel that is the reason people play TLP's or that gear is more exciting in that era.
  16. FYAD Augur

You can have all the quests done in about a week's worth of casual playtime (1 zone per night, 7 zones per xpac, done in a week).

Hunter can be had easily when the first bonus rares weekend comes along. Lots of people do open hunter raids to knock these out quick. Even if you do Hunters the "slow" way, it shouldn't take longer than 1-2 weeks of casual playtime. **Assuming you have a regular group to consistently play with**

I'm not saying the charm criteria is good or bad, just that it's all a pretty low bar to cross either way.
    Toukan likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Playing 7 days a week isn't exactly casual play.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Gialana Augur

If you put the charm in your bags and then open the item window, it will show you the maximum stats. Same thing if someone links the charm for you.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What kind of garbage raiding are you doing if you don't have a full set of visibles until the end of the expansion? LOL, that stuff is rotting before T3 even opens.

Oh, wait, you mean ore/nugget gear? You know that the basic armor drops count just the same, are better than last expansions TS gear, right?

I mean, I don't even know what I'm reading here.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

and make the geomantra instaclick