Character Select - Frame Rate

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Havanap, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Havanap Elder

After the patch when the servers first came up I was getting 60fps on the character select screen (measured by the nvidia thing, which I always have running) and the whole game felt snappier and more responsive. Usually the character select screen is more sluggish, like 30-40fps (and so is the rest of the game). Yesterday as well, despite having logged out and back in a few times, it was running at a solid 60fps. Zone times also seemed lower.

Today it won't go over 40fps on the character select screen. I figured time for a reboot, but that did not help.

Does that mean that somehow, character select screen frame rate is tied some performance metric of the EQ server? I guess the most likely thing is how many people are logged in, as that would have been much lower over the last couple of days.

I normally run wineq but I also tried vanilla (at a lower resolution) and same thing, 40fps. Any tips?
  2. Havanap Elder

Figured it out, it was a WinEQ setting. The 60fps I was getting was because EQPlayNice is disabled after a patch. Went in and changed max FPS from 40 to 60.