Character screen freeze?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Computertrucker, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Computertrucker New Member

So I have a friend who really wants to play. He is running a new computer on windows 8.1 and every time he tries to log in. His computer freezes on the characters selection screen. The flames and butterflies are animated and moving. But none of the buttons on the screen work.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so did a fix. My friend has chatted and emailed with DBG with a trouble ticket and they were no help, it's amazing they will not call a paying customer. He has even went so far as to try buying a new modem thinking it might be a network issue. As his modem was a bit older.

Nothing has worked... Any one that can help it would be greatly appreciated.

And DBG you guys should really offer a callback service when customers are getting no results from multiple ticket responses.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

There are two possible issues.

Right click on EQ shortcut (Launchpad) properties, compatibility tab, run as Admin.

The 2nd one is that his computer is a newer AMD system/cpu and it is running too fast. Let me locate the links that will provide the info needed.

Have him or have him send you a copy of his dxdiag. Windows Key + R, type in dxdiag. Once loaded click on Save File (to desktop). Post the first section, from the top to just past the sound card driver info.

BRB.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/eq-amd-fx-help-or-fix-please.212991/

Now, there are some Intel systems that exhibit the same issue, but only where the motherboard allows the FSB to be clocked higher than base. Only have had either 1 or 2 players with those systems who have posted.
  3. Zaleric New Member

Nice to see you still around Sark :)
  4. Computertrucker New Member

Ok thank you for that post.. My friend downloaded overdrive and adjusted his settings. Still didn't help... However we tried something. Else as we'll... As I said he is a good real life friend. I let him log in under my account. My characters appeared were animated on his screen he could even switch between the 2 characters I have built on the rage fire server. But for some reason. The enter world button on the screen and the character creation button are completely unresponsive.

I am thinking he has a bad file. However he has tried multiple re installs and continues to have the same issue. Does anyone know a fix?

He has been in constant contact with customer support and they have been almost no help. They should really offer a call back for customers if problems like this persist.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

(chuckles) I am a glutton for punishment!! I see ya still kicking too!!

By adjusting his settings, they have to be specific. The non-responsive buttons is generally due to the game running too fast to recognize the mouse click.

Have him use the arrows/tab keys to move what button is highlighted then hit the Enter key.

What are his system stats? And can we get a screen shot of the Overdrive settings.

And when he uninstalls and reinstalls, he will need to reset the Admin privileges. Also have him install it in a non-default location, such as c:\games\everquest
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...d-on-character-selection.219432/#post-3198589

In this thread the Overdrive was not working for one player, but with the information provided he was able to make a few changes in his bios to lock the speed to the necessary level.

Also, when he logged onto a character screen with toons there, he may not have been aware that the toons were "hyperactive".

Again, the reason the mouse clicks will not work is EQ is running too fast (once the system exceeds a specific threshold) to register the mouse clicks on some of those buttons. Even if they were registered, once in game his toons would be superfast, leading to other gaming issues as well as possibly tagged as hacking.