Fixed Internally Character/Persona login

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yahsha, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Yahsha Journeyman

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Wed Jan 10 10:23:47 2024

Character: Level 1 Rogue (Persona) // Level 125 Bard (main)
    Zone: Palatial Guild Hall

Description: Character logs in as alternate persona vs. the main character - despite no effort to change persona.

Bug is intermittent, but consistent in duplication.
    Rondor and Yinla like this.
  2. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

It has been this way if you hadn't logged into the char in at least 24hrs, you'd log into the most recently created persona. But yesterday's patch is supposed to fix that, except for the very next log in (for data purposes) after the patch
  3. Inictus Elder

I've had this happen as well. I logged my main crew out invised in a high level zone. When I came back the next day to resume, the low level APs appeared instead. Needless to say, it got a little hairy!
  4. Gialana Augur

It's been reported and is in the test patch notes as fixed, so after next week's patch, it should log in whichever persona you camped with instead of the most recently created persona. But the very first time you log in a character after the patch, it will still log in the most recently created persona since the necessary background information won't have been created yet.
  5. Bernel Augur

When the swap happens, do you see the AP on the character select? Or do you see your main character at character select and the swap mysteriously happens during the login processing?
  6. Inictus Elder

In my case, I had seen the low level APs on the character select. Thinking this might be a bug in the character select, I went in anyway. It was a harsh lesson to learn.
  7. niente Developer

This should be fixed in the January 2024 update. You will log in as the most recently created persona one last time after the patch, and after that should always log in as the previously logged out persona.
    Rondor likes this.