Character Flickering @ Select Screen, All Buttons Unresponsive.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Trancefate, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Trancefate New Member

As the title states, I am unable to play after recently reinstalling to return. My characters flicker rapidly and spazz out on char select screen and I am unable to enter world. Pressing any of the buttons has no effect. I have tried reinstalling video drivers, DX, deleted all EQ files and reinstalled, to no avail. Found one guy with the same problem from over a year ago, 0 response to his issue either: I hope you do better helping me.
  2. Trancefate New Member

3. Trancefate New Member

Support ticket #140825-000105
  4. Trancefate New Member

I can get into the game by hitting ENTER instead of clicking a button, HOWEVER...

My character is still flickering like a madman when I'm in game, and all buttons are unresponsive, can't even option an options menu.
  5. Trancefate New Member

6. Sarkaukar Augur

EQ and many other programs do not like dynamic changing CPU speeds.

Control Panel, Power Options, set to High Performance. And if using a Nvidia Card. Nvidia UI, Power Management mode/Prefer Best Performance, as this one ensures that the system is using your Nvidia GPU and not the CPU's GPU (if applicable).
  7. Racgnar New Member

I tried this and it did not work for me, but I dont know if it did for OP. The character select screens buttons are still not responding and everything on screen is going like 2x normal speed. (butterflies going the speed of light and the steam in the back ground is going crazy as if it were a cocaine gyser)

Any other ideas?
  8. Sarkaukar Augur

Need Dxdiag, that will show the details of your system. If you have a newer AMD system, the use the link below. EQ also will not play well with AMD systems which the CPU speed is above 4.2ghz and FSB/etc is not hard set to 199/200mhz.