Chanter Nukes - timers?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Ratbo Peep, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

All of a suddon - nukes galore?

Chromatic Jab at 86
    Chromacarna at 87
    Spectral Assault at 88

Any suggestions to the purchase / use of these 3?

-Rat (wifes Chanter just hit 88)
  2. Silv Augur

You'll get Mindblade at Lv. 90 which is the start of our "big" nuke. For that level I would chain 1) Mindblade, 2) Spectral Assault, 3) Chroma, with the # being the order of "importance" I would personally use depending how many spell slots you have free. If mana is an issue, the Assault line is the most mana efficient per damage done.

At 88 if I were to only pick one I'd go with Assault. If you are really strapped for plat/spells I'd wait till Lv. 90 and get Mindblade.

Others may have a different view. So hopefully you get some more answers :p
  3. Silv Augur

p.s. At 90 you'll also get Mind Helix, our "big" mana recourse DoT. You may consider adding that to your lineup depending on how long mobs live in your group. I usually run with 2 nukes and 1 DoT if able. Going with 3 nukes is still the best DPS though (I'm almost certain someone parsed this out but I may be wrong).
  4. Dandin Augur

I parsed it out. I'll do a breakdown of this for you when I get home from work Rat.

Dandin - the DPS Enchanter
    Creator of the Mindfire Method
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

Thanks!
    But feel free to take a nap first.... you obviously had a very long drive home. :D
    -Rat
    PS: Also curious if you have a link to your method(s) of maximizing DPS in general re Chanter
  6. Silv Augur

I apologize because I'm not going to sort through it but Dandin and Camou did extensive parsing on Enchanter Nukes and DoTs so if you search through their posts you'll probably be able to find the "DPS" thread. I believe it was a ~few months ago.

On a side note- myself and another Enchanter in guild have consistently made top parses on raids such as DH in COTF. My lineup for that raid (provided I'm not having to Mez a lot) is Mindcleave, Phantasmal Assault, and Mindscythe. That is with T4 ROF chromatic focus, twincast AA, mana reverb, IOG, and a bard. Even without those, Enchanters turn out to be decent DPS provided you are casting a solid lineup.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Yes - I found and bookmarked it.
    Fascinating thread, and kudos for the work put into sorting all that out!
    -Rat