Chanter and Wizard epics

Discussion in 'Casters' started by DuchessElindra, Dec 29, 2013.

1. DuchessElindra Elder

Are they worth doing?
    I'v lately ran an Anguish raid for our SK and bard and we ended up looting 4 orbs. Are chanter and wizard worth questing knowing we all are level 90+ and they both didn't even started with 1.0?
  2. fransisco Augur

Enchanter epic is just decoration for your house.
    Axxius likes this.
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I use my Enchanter epic all the time. 1800hp isn't much these days, but would you use an 1800hp aug? Plus, since I usually play without looking at the numbers, it's like the canary in the coal mine indicating that I've taken some damage.

If I weren't Gold, I probably would do without it as I couldn't click it from a bag...or is that from an expansion?
  4. Axxius Augur

Wiz epic is also a nice home decoration/ornamentation these days. Its clicky effect was made into an AA years ago, and the worn focus is insignificant with today's aggro management tools.
  5. Mary Poppins Augur

Must be from an expansion. My ench alt on a silver account (that has cotf xpac) can click stuff in bags.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Also, enchanter epic 1.0 is useful for giving good, fairly long-lasting haste to lowbies, since it works on level 1.
  7. Mykaylla Augur

I too use the enchanter 2.0 epic click- it stacks with every rune except the new Percussion recourse, and you'll only have that one landing on you if you're tanking. When it fires, it also casts a PBAE deaggro for you. I carry the 1.0 as well, as Qest mentioned, as Speed of the Shissar (epic 1.0 click) is equal to Speed of the Brood (level 60 haste + agility + AC spell) except that it lands on a level 1 (Speed of the Brood only lands on 45 and up).

WIzard epic though... that's just for looking pretty nowadays.
    Nissko likes this.
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

Sexy. Not "pretty". Get it right, please.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  9. Dandin Augur

Chanter Epic is still Viable

10. fransisco Augur

Enchanter epic can be dangerous for you and the group. The rune breaking isn't a deagro effect, is a jolt/concussion style ae.
    Which means nearby mobs that are not agroed on you suddenly agro you, because you are now on their agro list due to the ae.
  11. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Better steer clear of our amazingly powerful poly rune, as that has an AE too.

Really, how often are you standing next to a non-aggro, difficult/impossible to CC mob, while getting beat on, who's going to now attack you because of the epic rune, but not taken enough damage to activate poly stun? I'm generally happy to have aggro if the tank doesn't.

It's something to consider in places with thru-wall aggro, or on raids where player AEs are a bad idea, but if I'm willing to put up poly, I don't see why I'd worry about epic.
  12. fransisco Augur

Poly runes are worth the risk, and are only 30' range, while the epic rune is 100'.

Though I admit, we are nit picking. Mobs cannot even hit as soft as the 1800 damage from the epic click anymore, so its more for the fun than actual functionality.
  13. scallywag Journeyman

the boggle effect from the 2.0 hasnt agro'd mobs since OoW.
  14. silku Augur

If your AE aggros a mob that is typically non aggro just mem blur it.