Changing Origin Location

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stageguy, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Stageguy Lorekeeper

First, is there a way to change a character's Origin from Crescent Reach to their racial starting city in the game?

Crescent Reach is set as the default when creating a new character and that is the only reason any of my characters end up with origin there. I failed to click the little box to a more realistic starting point for a Dark Elf and 100 levels later I still regret it. Seriously, the newness of CR is long gone, the zone is only good for about 20 levels (which is all of 3 hours of playtime) and it is more of an annoyance now. I would rather run from the SK guild in Third Gate than from the origin point in CR. Could it have been any further away from everything relative in that whole zone?

If there is a way to change this please let us know. If not, create a way to change it. No self respecting dark race would ever admit to being born in CR...

Maybe a DB Cash / Marketplace clickie to change it? If there is one already I could not find it.

Thanks!
    Cazmac and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't believe this works any longer but at one time it did :) /setstartcity command

Some folks report that you can change thru marketplace like this:
    QUOTE FROM 2013:

Race/Deity change:
    Using the station cash marketplace you buy the transmorgrification scroll. Clicking this scroll opens up a window that is a streamlined version of the character creation screen. I did this as an enchanter (yesterday) so I had all of the chanter capable races in the gender of my character hilighted as choices. It defaults to agnostic for any race with that option (Drakkin must be Veeshan for example).

Starting city you can choose (in game people told me this wasn't the case... as a gold sub it was) but Crescent Reach is set as the default. My enchanter became an agnostic human of South Qeynos. This change happened once I clicked yes, as if I had cast an illusion.

However looking thru the info on that shows it will set your bind to POK. But then I didn't read other ones that may have info.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh just a side note, if you create a character on a paying account you do get to choose starting city. Also I think those two ways above only apply to paying accounts.
  4. Stageguy Lorekeeper

This is definitely a Gold account, and I have had it for 12 years. I just forgot to click the scroll down and choose a different starting city back in 2013 when this character was started.

The race change scroll (2500 DB cash) in the marketplace says that the bind point will be set to PoK. That is better than CR, but it is not a reset on the Origin to a home city.
  5. Jaylin Augur

when you buy the race change scroll, there is a drop down menu on the same window as the choose race. it asks you which city you want as your starting city. And like you set it resets your bind point. it also deletes any active quests you have, so don't do it if you are working on something
  6. Stageguy Lorekeeper

Is there any way to confirm this? Daybreak? The scroll in the Marketplace says in the text that it changes it to PoK. And $25 is a lot of money to find out it doesn't allow the actual origin location to be set to the new city.
  7. Jaylin Augur

the pok thing is only resetting your bind point. It defaults to CR, but you have to choose where you want your city to be. Highly doubtful Daybreak would comment on this here. I've done it before (forgetting to reset the city) and resetting the city on various toons. Only thing i could say is to ask around then if you know of anyone who has done a race changed. I guess you could pm a dev and they may have the moment to do a quick confirmation.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Try the setstartcity command first as it was a one time thing on older accounts who had other start cities to begin with, plus its free. Some combination of set start Qyenos or setstartqyenos - you get the idea. Another option would be to petition it since yours is an older account and did have the option at one time. I would rather just live with the wrong city than change my race lol. And bind point is NOT starting city, yes they can be the same but bind point can be changed.
  9. Jaylin Augur

On the daybreak support site

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230631567-Marketplace-Race-Change-Scroll-

"To use your race change whenever you're ready, you can simply click your scroll to open the window (or if you already clicked your scroll but closed the window without changing your race, you can re-open this window by typing /racechange), then click on the new race you'd like and select the Deity and Starting city you'd like, and click the "Submit Race" button in the lower right corner."
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Goranothos Augur

But is there a way to do this without changing race?
    Cazmac likes this.
  11. Stageguy Lorekeeper

The support link says you have to change race, then you can buy another scroll and change back to your original race.
  12. Brudal Augur

I believe you can select the same race as current as well as deity, then update starting city.
  13. Stageguy Lorekeeper

No luck with /setstartcity... it does give me an error message saying I am not eligible for that. Thanks for the help though.
  14. Jaylin Augur

You can choose the same race again yes. In the link they said as an example if you choose the wrong drakkin heritage you would need to rebuy. But you can do the exact same as you were before if you so choose. Just make sure you dont click accept until you have everything the way you want it
  15. Password1234 Augur

Crescent Reach didn't even exist when I created my characters, so I think it's kind of ridiculous that I'd have to spend 25 bucks in order to set my starting city to the city I actually started in. /setstartcity tells me that I've already set my starting city, which I guess I technically did when I created the character back in 2001? I guess?

On the other hand, I do enjoy killing every single guard in Crescent Reach out of spite whenever I use Origin.
  16. Tvarian Augur

This makes no sense. If Crescent Reach didn't exist when your created your characters, as you say, then your origin cannot be set to Crescent Reach. Unless of course, you reset it when the /setstartcity command was active, or you paid to have it reset with a scroll.

How exactly did your starting city get changed to CR? Something on a server merge maybe?
  17. DinkumThinku99 Elder

One of my characters created around 15 years ago had his Origin changed to Crescent Reach when I entered the game with him while this was still a free (Silver) account, before I upgraded to Gold. When I entered the game world, there was a message about resetting his Origin to CR (don't remember the exact wording).
  18. Razorfall Augur

It really irritates me that my wood elf beastlord HAS to start in CR instead of Kelethin.

Kelethin is by far the best starting city because of the proximity to the PoK book.
  19. Phiyre Augur

I think something might be currently bugged w/ the origin. I will be petitioning it soon. Anyhow, last night, I was on my necro, origin is north qeynos, using origin still puts me in cresent reach instead of qeynos. Good stuff!!
  20. Stageguy Lorekeeper

GM Dunbar hooked me up with a fresh new /setstartcity for my character mentioned above. Very cool. Thanks!!!
    Cazmac likes this.