Changin UI font size?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Slurm_o_rama, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Slurm_o_rama New Member

Hi there. I am a returning player and am wondering if there is any way to increase the UI font size for things like the quest log and find feature? I know /chatfont works for chat windows but is there any way to increase the font of the other windows? This is a make or break for me and I am enjoying the tutorial a lot, but the font is just too small for me to bear.

Please let me know what I am missing so I can get back onto my froakin wizzy

Cheers
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your only choice would be to go for a custom UI or to change the UI file individually. I think its EQ Interface that would help with that. https://www.eqinterface.com/
  3. Zanarnar Augur

You could also lower the ingame resolution, which would have the effect of making the fonts (and everything else) bigger. I believe they don't let the UI font scale since it would break the layout of pretty much every window if they did ;)
  4. Arog Augur

I agree with the need to make the font bigger on the UI. Most of us are older players and our eyes are not what they use to be. Its very hard to read the small UI font. I set all my chatfontsize to 6.
  5. Slurm_o_rama New Member

Thanks everyone.

Changing the resolution to the point that the font is at a usable size for me makes the game look very poor visually. I've taken a look at the eq interface site and thank you for pointing that place out.

If that is my best option, can anyone recommend a UI from there that they use that has a larger sized or adjustable UI font?

Arog, how do you handle the small font size?
    I played for about 20 minutes last night and the eye strain was really starting to kick in already. Do you use any UI or anything like that to mitigate?

Thank you everyone
  6. moogs Augur

If you take a look at EQUI.xml, it lists all of the other XML files that need to be edited by hand to form a cohesive UI at a resolution such as 4K. There have been repeated requests for a 4K resolution interface but no one has taken the time to do this; if they have, they have not shared it with the public. If I did this for myself, I probably would not share it in order to avoid receiving "minor" change requests from random people. If I did share it, it would be posted strictly "as-is" with no promise of any further updates. This is Daybreak's fault for not producing a scalable UI.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Slurm_o_rama New Member

Hi all.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions.

I have installed the AYA UI and it does have configurations for different resolutions, unfortunately, the UI font size doesnt seem to change when changing configurations. If someone knows how to do this please let me know.

Changing the font size in the individual xml files to make my own UI essentially seemed like a lot, but I looked and at first it started to look doable, then I began running into many xml files that do not seem to allow any easy alteration using "<font></font>".

I'm stumped. I'll check in later on in the hopes someone has tackled this already.