Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Anaskesia New Member

When they DO eventually sunset EQ, I absolutely want them to do exactly this. I've seen the phrase "You can't beat EQ!" so many times over the last 15 years. I totally want to beat it by being there at the end.
    Pirouette likes this.
  2. Izcurly Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...eveloper-updates.207587/page-100#post-3048631

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...eveloper-updates.207587/page-101#post-3048646
  3. Harabakc Augur

And the timer is still 2 minutes and 30 seconds after purchasing all the quickening AAs.
    Pirouette likes this.
  4. Quilix Elder

And how many did it use to have ? - Quite a few previous wow players are back here now !
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Please, enlighten me, how do you take it with you? I'd be very interested in how to transfer EQ based items/money/characters to other games. If you simply mean you want to be buried with it, you can do that IRL too you know.

Ever heard the phrase "a rising tide lifts all boats"? It applies here. This change simply raises the baseline and over time it will be good for the long-term game. They've done a lot of things with the same aim, defiant gear, bonus aa XP (which this largely replaces), hot zones, and mercs.

There are 15 years of content in this game, and the vast majority of players are bunched up in the last 2-3 years worth. If you want truly new players to stick around they have to get to the action in a reasonable amount of time. Even WoW which has only been around half as long with 1/4th expansions has taken steps to vastly accelerate you to the end game.

Would you have been happier if I said send me your logins after you delete all your characters? I still say very few will really leave regardless of the posts here. (I haven't gotten one PM)
  6. Izcurly Augur

There's not much point in refunding pre-HoT ranks of those abilities...you'd just get them back again automagically.
    Axxius and Ssixa like this.
  7. Rorce Augur

If the end result for both options is the same ability, and it's not a whole lot of work, you may as well do a refund as I'm sure there are some people who would just rather have a refund.
    Yinla, Pirouette and Ssixa like this.
  8. Gidmagic New Member

Thank you for the quick reply
  9. Hatsee Augur

I vote for no refund.
  10. Thinn Lizzy New Member

I don't play any of the classes that 1 shot mobs BUT it does see, to me of them Rogues have the least use of assassinate (Never hear ppl selling Assassinate PLs). I am also curious though why it is a Zerker can walk into any zone and just decap anything they want and quite a lot (They sell PLs all the time)compared to the other two classes who have had their abilities longer AND had to pay for more ranks? Just curious as it doesn't affect me other than them claiming entire zones like this is their game and I am the one at fault for trying to get a quest done in their zone haha
  11. Pirouette Augur

Druids get Veil of the Underbrush (fade with invis just like bards) with a 3 minute cooldown. They only have to purchase a single rank of it.

Meanwhile, monks have to buy SEVERAL ranks just to get Imitate Death down to ~2 minutes: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hastened_Death

If I recall, that was a lot more than 30 AA.
  12. Harabakc Augur

It's not a lot of work for Zerkers, you spend 27 AA for 3 ranks. Rogues and rangers have 22 ranks and spend over 190 AA each.
  13. Rorce Augur

You do realize that this is why these changes are being made right? This will no longer happen.
  14. poto Elder

and many more dont support it and not posting for the same reason.
    I wantthetruth and dreadlord like this.
  15. Melthe New Member

I vote to leave them as you have modified them. Don't refund them.
  16. Rorce Augur

...what? I meant if it's not a whole lot of work for Elidroth to put in the refund code.

You sound like you believe the spent AA's will vanish.
  17. Beaufort New Member

I see no possible explanation why the people who use "private" means of communication and those posting on the forums would have diametrically opposed views on the game. Unless you can travel in the future, see who is going to think what, then give the ones who will agree with the future (past?) change super secret ways to reach you privately, but not to the others.
    I wantthetruth likes this.
  18. poto Elder

i have 2.8k aa max on my highest aa'd toon.

its the direction auto grant takes the game... ie pay to get rather than reward i don't like
    I wantthetruth likes this.
  19. Harabakc Augur

Who's supporting the nerf to chain classes? Are you going to give us the ability to be effective past Valley in VoA? Tell ya what, go to magelo and search for my name, copy my character and go run around assassinating things. Tell me it's over powered as it is now. Then go find humanoids in RoF or CoTF zones and tell us how it's going to be worth 200 AA.
  20. Thinn Lizzy New Member

I don't know how to quote anyone but Nope I guess not really Rorce I don't understand how it is a nerf since I don't play those classes but if the other classes can Assassinate / Headshot all mobs not just humanoid or Zerkers can only decap humanoid then I guess it balances fine.