Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Mithrandyr Augur

Very true, whether intentional or not. Many encounters are based on an almost guaranteed large pull, either CC or plow through it.
  2. Piestro Augur

We do advertise. We don't advertise on TV because it doesn't make financial sense. It costs more than it returns.
  3. Piestro Augur

The only change this would impact is on level 99 or lower mobs that summon and are humanoid. How many circumstances are that on raids?
  4. Piestro Augur

That doesn't mean that we can ignore their ownership. Just cause they don't have an ownership symbol doesn't give us a right to steal them.
    Shimmerleaf and Lani like this.
  5. Bashan Journeyman

I will assume you mean like Neriak mission to gain access to library. Starts with 3 and should easy outrun the waves with dps or CC. Also the other Neriak one where you are in room at end do a hail and get waves of 2 to 4 mobs. I still dont see why u couldn't run in as sk and trigger and control the waves this is either a gear issue or skill issue imo. If u cant handle the task you are attempting then try something easier or gear better and retry. This is not any different than is told to any class that gets a nerf.

The thing seperating the Warrior is Duel wield lol do you see much of that now days. Why would anyone use 2 weaps and do less damage than they do with a sheild. Oh yea and we cant heal ourselves like either of other tank classes. We basically stand out the 1% of our time that we are tanking that raid named. These nerfs will hurt the ones who depend on them to function sure. The ones who know there class well enough to work around not having it will be fine and the rest will adjust.

Bashan
    Hiby likes this.
  6. Quilix Elder

Apologies again Piestro. I was under the impression that the EULA section on intellectual property remaining under the ownership of SOE meant that people creating maps from your data using your tools would allow no dispute over ownership. Possibly some of the major map sites that appear to read the zone files every day to keep maps up to data might dodge that but at the end of the day they are still using your game data files to create their property.
  7. Piestro Augur

That has the potential to change something fundamental about EQ, rather than a few abilities.
  8. Rogue Augur

My parsing from 95sk with mix of 95 group / raid gear, 208% haste and 32 delay 1handed weapon: I averaged 1 riposte + ripobash per second, with 2 mobs beating on me. So 1 mob = .5 hits landed a second. The most attacks + bashes I got off parsing on a GGH parse dummy was 181 hits over 105 seconds, the length of epic. Even if you bumped it up to a 200 hit average over 105 seconds, you could still tank 11 mobs + attack and bash everytime its up and not use up the 800 hit counter. Those are my quick numbers, so I will keep my doubts when people try to claim tanking 3 mobs will use up the 800 hit counter in 105 seconds.
  9. Kolani Augur

Shadowknights know the epic is where the gravy of their swarming is, and are desperate to keep it from getting nerfed. I think they'd even let Mortal Coil go as long as they could keep the unlimited epic effect. Don't let them fool you, most of them aren't as stupid as they think the rest of us are.
  10. serverhelper Journeyman

Rogue, you sir have NO IDEA what you are talking about with SKs... so if you never talk about SKs again it would be very much appreciated.

Go tank 6 RAID mobs in WK1 and see how well those hit counts last. 6 mobs hitting you plus riposte with those current suggested hit counts would last about 30 seconds (maybe). So until you tank 6 raid mobs at the same time keep your uneducated thoughts to yourself. kk thanks
    Ardin likes this.
  11. Piestro Augur

We've been doing some testing along with mathematical modeling to test this. One of the devs happens to raid as a SK which does help. That being said we're happy to see numbers provided from the community as well, anything that increases overall data is good.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Piestro Augur

The lawyers don't accept that argument. *sigh*
  13. Zantor Augur

I see advertising for EQ on various websites. So that I know they do. But with this still fastly growing juggernaut of a thread, think a lot are not happy with the changes especially to the epic clicky. I sure hope they unnerf that very soon.
  14. Manr New Member

No. Just no. I hope they don't because it hasn't been. Go ahead why don't you tell me the times back in Kunark or Velious, you though it would be funny to go "swarm" the Ry'gor Fort? Maybe Kurn's tower at under level 10 ... I'll give you time..
    Oh, none? That is right, because it used to be that if you were over pulling, you fired you puller for doing a sub par job, after you got finished wiping. "Swarming" was NEVER a part of this game, it has no place here. It is bad for the CPU, and it puts the group in danger. It is only "fun" for people that give no cares about weather or not the group they are with dies. This goes back to my "Lack of community spirit" posts.

We need to remove the small amount of people that think that Boxing / AFK leveling / "Swarmming" is fun, so we lose like MAYBE 1,000 people. We will gain soooooo many more from removing them. Remember you can't heal if the tumor is still growing on you.

EDIT: You think "The ability to survive a bad pull or INTENTIONAL large pull, was what gave the game, it's mental edge? NO. How about all the exploring from with in dialogue that actually need be read, how about when you had to cleverly think or what "key word" or phrase to say back to the person ti get your quest in the first place? That gave no sort of mental stimulation. Right?
    ... Thought so.
  15. Rogue Augur

I'm not sure it needs to be said, but no sk is going to TANK 6 of those mobs without instantly dying, whether epic lasts 30 seconds or 30 minutes. People keep confusing actual tanking with deflection tanking or just having agro but not actually tanking :(

Also, post how many riposte hits you landed when you tanked those 6 mobs for the 105 seconds, it will help the discussion.
  16. a_cleric00 Lorekeeper

I hope you're kidding. I used to swarm Ry'Gorr on my bard all the time, and we had mass pull groups in Chardok and Old Seb with chanter stuns and wiz/mag pbae's. It got even better with FG/The Grey/etc in Luclin. Yeah, large pulls were always part of the game (except maybe at the very beginning where people were still figuring things out). That being said, I really enjoy doing it as a group, not solo. I've done both, and doing where you had to coordinate things was more fun.
    rune00 likes this.
  17. Shugz New Member

I would say that moving the curve would remove the concern that the 4k grant contains a lot of 'worthless' AAs if you're looking to level up and have the right set of AAs to catch up with top end raiding. If it turns out to be better to still level up to 4k before granting, I think this change would have failed to achieve what it's meant to do.

A moved curve would also mean that those who have already levelled up some of their AAs wouldn't feel like they've lost out or 'wasted' time by getting AAs to this point, as they would have the benefit of the new curve.
  18. Naez New Member

To corroborate with a_cleric00, I did in fact participate in several ae groups over time in the Fungus Grove. We used a wizard puller, 2 chanters chaining color line, cleric using ae heals, and 2 mages using their pb ae's....

Point being that mass pulls were a part of the game even so far back as Luclin.
  19. Manr New Member

No I am not kidding. Yes I do mean in the beginning when people were figuring things out. My point is.. It wasn't like that "Day one drop", so there is no reason for it to be like that now.

Believe you me. I have the solution to solve all these problems, WITHOUT giving away anything at all.

Not that anyone wants to hear it or anything.
  20. John Doe New Member

You certainly would in the group mission however depending on group makeup. Your pseudo parses in prior posts are also quite innacurate btw.