Change PoFear back on Vaniki

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Garner, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can't be done or would take a massive amount of work is a different issue then saying don't do it. Now that I read your post I do remember hearing that in the past and it makes sense why it won't be done even though I think it would be a good idea.
  2. Mayrn New Member

There is a fair amount of items and events that no longer exist, or exist in a different state. While I do like the idea of having these on Progression servers, which try to mimic the timeline of a Live server, adding them to Live seems unnecessary and potentially detrimental. Part of the allure of these events and/or items is their rarity and the prestige that comes with having a Breezeboot's, Gnome Mask, or what have you, and the memories generated by attaining them. I equivocate it to like the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj in World of Warcraft and adding it back as some exceptionally out of date content you can go into and AE down at 120 seems like a good way to cheapen those experiences.

In this specific circumstance though, e.g. ST1.0 vs 2.0, you have the option to play on a Progression server and live a very similar experience. You can even carry those items over to Live if you'd like afterwards. In fact, with how much competition there is for waking the Sleeper, you may get some good memories to share along with your Mask of Tinkering! If not, I may know someone who will sell one on Agnarr! :p
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not everyone wants to make alts on a progression server or has the time to do so which is why I support the idea of having the choice on all servers. However that idea seems doomed based on feedback from developers on the issues involved.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TLP servers usually keep the original zones for X amount of weeks before reverting to the next version. The same way the DE mask and Circlet only drop for X amount. So all players get to experience all versions of the zone.

I expect Cazic to change to version 2 in a few weeks.
  5. Mayrn New Member

Fear should swap in Velious to 2.0. This was actually the way it was on Vaniki originally, which made the entry Challenge(Cazic-Thule) substantially harder than I believe they intended. As such, they hotfixed Vaniki back to 1.0 and stated 2.0 would now come in Omens of War.

Unfortunately, Enraged/Ireblind Imp does not spawn in Fear 1.0 which blocks Berserkers from completing their Epic 1.0 until Omens of War when they will just do their Epic 1.5. It is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of the server, but with the recent path notes indicating they are lowering the level to 36(from 46) and it will not have an impact for us on Vaniki unless the Imp spawning is corrected.

I do not believe this will impact any future server, aside from potentially another Level Locked, so your Brains of Cazic-Thule should be fine on the next standard TLP come Velious. ;)
  6. coltongrundy Augur

"FoR SoMe ReaSoN"
    There's literally an achievement for killing CT 1.0 at level 40. How could you do that if they put in fear 2.0?
  7. Shakara Augur

I do not think the sleeper has been woken by a top guild since Agnarr. The top guild have the most incentive to not wake it usually its a lower tier guild or in Manglers case it was a mass multiboxer.
  8. amoa New Member

Thank you for looking at this. I really love this server and working hard on zerker epic only to realize the barb who starts the quest won't talk to me and the imp can't spawn. Feels deflating man. Any workaround would be greatly appreciated. Us melee boys have it rough in the land of the ench.
  9. AngryKing Elder

Are you just basing this off of your feels? Because this isn't near accurate.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its not just zerkers who are stuck, beastlords and bards have NPCs who won't accept hand ins. I think there may be another also but not sure on that.