Change Consider Color

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ronnin 7th Hammer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Ronnin 7th Hammer New Member

Hello, I would like to change the grey consider color to green. As it is I cannot tell if a mob is conning grey or white and it would be far more clear if the easy mobs all just con green. Is there an INI file to make this change or something in game? I have not been able to find a way to do it.
    Thanks.
  2. Vouivre Augur

Then how will you tell green con mobs now from new green con mobs?
  3. Tobynn Augur

The file you seek is TargetIndicator.ini -- found within the default UI folder (or within custom folder if your custom UI employs a custom target ring).

File includes subsections for each of the target rings (Trivial, VeryEasy, Easy, FairMatch, Difficult, Deadly) as well as the Assist ring, FreeTarget rings, and MarkNPC rings. For each, you can adjust the Red/Green/Blue values to change the color of the ring. The tail end of the file also includes descriptions of what all the individual fields represent.

Change the RGB values of Trivial to match the values of VeryEasy and both will con the same color.

Note: some custom UIs/rings may use an assortment of different .tga files for the different ring types, each being a different color or different texture altogether. In that case, the RGB values may all be set to 255's across the board and changing those values won't necessarily change the ring appearance the way you expect. The default UI uses a single texture for all the cons, so the color is easily manipulated.
  4. Ronnin 7th Hammer New Member

Thanks Tobynn! I will check that out tonight. Vouivre, I don't think I will need to know the difference between a grey mob and a green mob but maybe I will use light green for grey instead. I just can't have grey because it is too close to white. Thanks!
  5. JMorgana New Member

You could choose something a bit off-the-wall like pink or orange or purple...should make it easy to tell the difference.