Chain killing no namers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Sep 17, 2023.

1. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

We are supposed to be getting lot more namers during this end of summer event and it was working the first day. I have been grinding the same spot, for days, and nothing. Either I have the worst luck or someone flipped the wrong switch somewhere.
    Markessa likes this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

IIUC they dont like people calling them namers. Please be respectful.
    Hobs and Nennius like this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Perhaps you could tell us which named you are camping and the place holders you are killing and we can check if you have the correct ones.
    Hobs and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This has happened to me more times than I care to publicly admit. :p
  5. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

I state it was working. The first day, 3 hours at the camp we got 5 namers. Fowl Matriarch. This mob is relatively rare.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've had great success in the last several days, in older content, getting names to pop.

The one exception is Corrupted Grove Guardian in FM. I think that's due to the fact that there are SO many PHs, that even doubled, the odds of a single spot popping are still rare, combined with the fact that FM has SUCH a fast respawn time, that you can't get more than 1/3 of the PHs down before they start popping again.
  7. Gialana Augur

Fowl Matriarch seemed to be one of the rarer named npcs when NoS was first released. I think part of the reason was because it wasn't known if all of the birds were placeholders, if only certain spawn points were placeholders, or if only hawks or the falcons were the placeholders.

Qwalla stated in the following post that only the firefall falcons are placeholders:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...refall-type-7-augs.287841/page-3#post-4218047
    But others stated they think the soot-specked hawks are actually the placeholders. When I went after the Fowl Matriarch, I used burns to kill as many of both types of birds as I could per spawn cycle, so I can't say for certain if they're one or the other.
  8. Razorfall Augur

I had no problems here. Had a ton of named.

The problem I had was that we kept getting the same Otherwordly drops :mad:
  9. CapnWaggel New Member

I've been having a real tough time in Tower of Frozen Shadow (ToV). 3rd floor took maybe 10 rounds of PH's to get Cara to spawn. 4th Floor, about the same for Namak. But still no D`dee the Chilled, been about 2 days killing restless mummies. Specifically 4-5 of the spawns identified as PH's on both Good's and Brewall's maps.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

EVERY time there is a namer bonus we get one of these threads.
    Cadira, Svann2, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

It is a dependable thing. Kind of reassuring in a warped sort of way.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Rijacki like this.
  12. Windance Augur

If I remember correctly the intent is to have each name spawn on average with in 72 minutes if you kill all the PH's.

Kill half the PH's then double the expected spawn rates.

If you only kill 1 PH out of 3x then your in for a long grind.

They did rework the PH's in fire fire pass so it is possible they removed some PH's and didn't adjust the rates.

With a fairly good group I've cleared most of the birds and gone 2-3 hours with no named, then get 2x back to back. ( before the revamp )
  13. Cuuthbert Augur

If the mob has a 1% spawn rate and it is double spawn.... Math anyone. Sometimes the RNG does not go your way
  14. Randomized Augur

This is one of the biggest things.

Double (100%, 2x, twice) the spawn rate of something that's .5% or 1% chance just makes it 1% to 2%

It doesn't suddenly mean they'll appear every 4th PH and get 5-6 in an hour. No no my friends...double spawn doesn't really increase the odds that much
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

If a mob spawn is designed to pop on average every 72 minutes then with double spawn it should pop about every 36 minutes. Yes its not guaranteed, but on average.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Tutankamen Augur

How about if a DEV checks the spawn rate on Scorched Cackling Bones? I definitely see an issue here. It doesn't spawn- with or without bonus. Something is broken.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

Its a fact, if you use the term "namer" The named will not pop. ;)
  18. Bigstomp Augur

The best way to get them to spawn is to go to bed. The next player will thank you.
    Skuz, Flatchy and Rondor like this.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

On some servers they do get called namers instead of nameds. Would be nice to know how that word originated. Maybe it is of dwarven origin.
  20. Bilderov Augur

Or possibly of Gnomer origin.
    Flatchy likes this.