Caveat Emptor - Even if you follow the rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MakeVerantGreatAgain, Jun 7, 2020.

1. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

inb4 "youre just a dirty six boxer"

I have been playing with launch with 5 different individuals playing 8 different characters. We all just received warnings for playing more than 2 toons. We are geographically dispersed across the United States so it should be easy to tell our IP addresses and connection information apart.

I have 0 insight into the CS review process but I am honestly astounded how someone could review any of the potential data sources DP would have access to and come to this conclusion. We were not banned or suspended, simply warned, but the warning illustrated very clearly to me that DP has no clue how to detect multi-boxing. If they could review our connection logs and come to this conclusion they either are woefully uninformed (lack of logs) or the analyst who reviewed the ticket was willfully negligent (lack of care).

In any case, you all need to be careful. Even if you are playing legitimately, with friends, following the rules - you can and will be reported and potentially suspended for nothing.

So I guess just don't get reported!

PS - Dear "Lead GM" Enwon - If you would like me and my 5 friends to hop on discord and do a screen share / video conference to prove to you we are all REAL PEOPLE we would be happy to do so! Why dont you PM me? We can jump in your official Discord and show you how wrong you are! You could even watch us play and ask us questions about our setup. Maybe after seeing this your team would not be "confident in our findings".

I mean, you should already have our IP addresses to look up, geolocation to reference, and payment information to validate - but that would require some actual effort on your part!

tldr - DP cant tell 5 different connections from 1 connection. Play legit, still get flagged.
    Aenvar likes this.
  2. Cidran Augur

Two things I want to say: first I hope they revise your case and remove that flag if it was wrongly placed... I believe players have been prodigally generous with DPG and the less they need is taking sanction from faults they did not commit.

Second, I like your forum handle:)
  3. Rcbauer Augur

lol you got busted. Why lie?
    Gio1999 and MaestroM like this.
  4. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

We are happy to jump into a video conference and show you how we are dutifully abiding the rules of the server.
  5. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

Thank you for the kind words. I agree 100%, it feels like a slap in the face to get a warning when you try your best to follow the rules.
  6. Klikhizz Grimscale New Member

Sadly too many of your fellow players are of the 'report anyone in a group of more than 2 because they look like botters' and I'm sure that DP is getting slammed with the reports. I hope that they take the time to seriously investigate claims before taking any further action.
    MakeVerantGreatAgain likes this.
  7. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

I share your concerns - they are probably so slammed with reports they are unable to properly investigate in the time allotted. They should have had all the necessary data to make the right call in my case and they did not.

Its unfortunate for all involved parties. I am sure DPG wants to do the best they can and investigate these thoroughly. But we know they are short-staffed and I am certain that will have an impact.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

The boxing warnings are a completely automated system and I/my guild have already had the same situation as yours arise. Your first response to your petition is also automated. You'll probably have to wait over a week to get an ACTUAL set of eyes on your petition and a real response. GL! Daybreak CS is the worst

We had a guy say he was "reporting for 6 boxing" and 15 minutes later all of our group got the warning disconnect/email. Keep in mind this was at ~2am EST on a Thursday so yeah, its definitely automated. They probably figure they'll just hand out warnings to anyone they get reports for and if those people actually are following the rules they'll care enough to petition quest for 2 months to get the warning removed. Its pretty sad
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

Cool witch hunt server ya got there.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

Maybe I should make a new account and have my guild report the character for boxing and see if the account just gets banned with no actual GM oversight
  11. Hythos Augur

It's clear that this is an unsuccessful experiment considering that there have been the same 6-box (and in at least one case, multiple 6-box groups) still going strong.

Some are just running 2x VM's off the same host, then spread those "globally". They're doing the same thing, 4 or 5x mage, 1 cleric or something else, simultaneously casting. I did see someone have the spell-casting set with a random variable so each character would stand & cast then sit again so they wouldn't all cast together. I wouldn't call it smart nor innovative, just cheating.

If you're playing legitimately, sorry to hear.
    However, it's these other players that are the cause of the problem, for everyone.
    MakeVerantGreatAgain likes this.
  12. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

This is good info, thanks for sharing. We will keep petitioning in hopes that we get some actual human-based review.
  13. Beep Elder

I believe the warnings being handed out are automated in some what. I received a warning and only play one character (aradune).
  14. That0neguy Augur

I've heard all it takes to get a warning is 2 people reporting you.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm not surprised. They don't really have the tools to police this properly. So the innocent get warned and the guilty go merrily on. Sorry you got caught up in stupid.

I'm tempted to fire up 5 on Aradune and see how long it takes me to get warned.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Let me ask you this: Why would a guy who has not been on the forums before, create a forum account just to post this story if he were guilty? What would be the point? What would he have to gain? You people that automatically accuse everyone of cheating need to apply some common sense to your thought processes.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Highly unlikely it's automated. Who do they send it to? Everyone and hope some of it sticks?
  18. Sikkun Augur

You have never noticed all the new accounts the pop up all the time to forum quest? If EQ had as many players as fake forum accounts all servers would have a high population.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, I'll give you that one.

I've seen lots of these posts. Some I believe, most I don't. This one I believe. /shrug
    minimind likes this.
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I think it is time to consider defunding the GM's.