Casting/instrument skills go up way too slow

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by fizzlesticks23, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Thallius New Member

Trolls will be trolls. There is no way you have max skills in everything at 100 in a single month without some sort of exploit or third party program use.

Skillups are a definate problem and the devs have agreed. Disarm, Beg, and Intimidation have been tweeked in the last patch and the rest of the skills are being looked at as well.
  2. Brosa Augur

Wow calling me out as a "troll"? I was referring to bard skills Instrumental and casting (as the OP was mentioning) not the tedious disarm / beg / pickpocket / intimidation as others mentioned (which by the way I maxed on my rogue in due time without "exploits and 3rd party programs"). Assuming I used exploits and 3rd party programs to do so is ridiculous. If you wanted to you could max out your skills from 0-100 in a month. It would suck but you could (without exploits and 3rd party programs). Stop whining and just do it like the rest of the maxed out skilled people out there.
    The Devs agreeing (as you say they do) is not appalling by any means. They have made this game a piece of cake over the past few years and still people want /Easy Button.
  3. Thallius New Member

Perhaps if one did not have a job or a life outside EQ they could max some of the skills from one to one-hundred in a month but I assume here that people are not spending the entire month of their waking and sleeping hours raising skills on their character.

Jumping in a thread pointing out obvious flaws in a heavily outdated system and telling other people to "play their character" the way you would perhaps play it instead of trying to get it fixed is trolling. Accusing the people in this thread of wanting some kind of "easy mode" button is trolling.

I leveled several characters from 1999 to 2008 to max level and the skills then at least made some sense. With the extrememely fast leveling and AA leveling of today the slow skill raising lags far, far behind. If you think it is reasonable to leave your computer on all night with your bard singing to raise skill for a month then by all means have at it. Most sensible players do not think it's reasonable at all to park a character in a zone swimming in a corner for literally accumulated days to keep a skill capped.
  4. Brosa Augur

Again I will point out the fact I was addressing the bard skills. It was easy with really no additional effort
    to max my bards (bard related skills). I just did it within the last two months so don't tell me I'm wrong.

As far as the more tedious skills to max, is it really uncalled for to be required to take some time to take a toon from 0-100? This can be done in one expansions worth of time? Ok I'll call it what it is. A year or less to get more then a decades worth of skill ups. People need to do their home work on how to skill things up and go out and do it. Set up those macros for disarm, pick pocket, sense traps, beg, intimidation, ect. If I still had those macros saved or written down I would share that info but I don't, but that info is accessible. They didn't create wiki for no reason.

Me pointing out the fact people want things to be easier because they don't want to put forth the effort or they honestly feel it is to difficult and not worth their time is just my opinion, not trolling. That's like saying the people posting wanting the game to be easier because that's what the believe is trolling. Myself I do NOT want the game to become easier. So I will voice my opinion whether you call me a troll or not.