Caster port question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gragas, May 29, 2013.

1. Gragas Augur

If a caster that can port can bind in a zone, they should have an inate ability to learn how to scribe that bind location into their spell book for future ports back to that zone. Amirite?
    Sinestra and Axxius like this.
  2. Axxius Augur

You are asking for common sense to be applied to EverQuest. o_O
    Sinestra and Gragas like this.
  3. Tegila Augur

no he's askign for a wizard or druid
  4. Mrya New Member

5. Tegila Augur

he wants to go bind himself i nevery zone in teh game then have teh spells automaticly to prot back to those places even though hes no longer bound there.
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  6. Sinestra Augur

I know in the first MUD I ever played you could "Remember" up to 10 different locations and port to them anytime you wanted.
  7. Haegar Augur

That reminds me, the druid AA for a secondary bind spot needs to be groupable, too.
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizzys are lacking in AA numbers compared to other classes, maxed out we are less than 9500, while many others are well over 10K, just give us some port AA's to work on for all the zones. :p
  9. gcubed Augur

While the idea is interesting, you do realize that you will never see that ability. At least you will never see it as stated.
  10. Mykaylla Augur

Get to work building a spire and a druid circle in every zone, slacker! Chop chop!
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I really, really, really, really, really miss waiting on the boat and the spires to kick off so I could get somewhere!
  12. Axxius Augur

The portal-to-any-zone mechanic itself may not be that hard to do because it already exists in the code: GM's/devs have a command to go to any zone. But to make it usable by players, it would need a new UI window to choose the destination zone. Is that too much to ask for just for 2 classes? I'm not sure. Tracking is a prime example of the same thing: it's a feature extremely limited class-wise, but it had a recent improvement that was welcomed by everybody. All classes would benefit from improved port-ability, not just the ones that actually cast portals.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There was talk in the AA chats that they were looking at revamping porting, but not seen or heard anymore on that.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I wish they would destroy the PoK books :(
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yeah, anytime someone asked about something port related we were told no because he was waiting on some new port revamp and he wasn't sure what would or would not be possible yet. Or something.

I really really hope it comes soon and it adds a lot of new functionality for us.
    • AA line that reduces/prevents ports from failing.
    • AA line that reduces/prevents getting left behind on evacuates.
    • TLs to OUR Primary Bind
    • Group ports to our Secondary Bind + TLs
    • Tertiary Bind + Group ports and TLs
    • Gates/Ports/TLs to the Guild Banner
    • AETLs to all of the above and our regular TL locations.
    • Ground-Target Shadowstep
    These have been on the Wizard Wish List for as long as I can remember, and likely even before that.

One thing that I suggested is that they make a special vendor like the Legendary Enchanter Illusion guy in PoK. Enchanters can hand the guy an illusion clicky and they get back the clicky as well as a spell scroll they can scribe so that they no longer need the clicky to cast the illusion.

There are many port clickies in the game and I think there should be a Legendary Wizard/Druid Geomancer that we can hand items into to get gates/portals/TLs for.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I still want a port to West Waste and that was on the wizzy top 10 wishlist going back to when Ashelene was our CRM and Rashire was doing spells/AA!

I'll believe there is a revamp when it happens :p
  17. Axxius Augur

I have a dream...

[IMG]
    Iila, Venaki and Beimeith like this.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That would be a winner in my book.
  19. silku Augur

I want your dream for the guild portal.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

the guild portal
    Venaki, Jahim and silku like this.