Caster DPS merc with new gear..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

So wanted to play around with parsing my caster merc with some new gear.

J5 Merc max AA killing in SW EoK

New AA and gear, and DPS is still pathetically low

I figured caster gear would make the merc better as well..

Tank Gear
    Combined: --- A kunark goblin hireling 16244k@25991sdps (26074dps in 623s) [9.84%]

Caster Gear
    Combined: --- A kunark goblin hireling 6217k@9821sdps (9931dps in 626s) [3.94%]
  2. segap Augur

I find the parses suspect considering how far apart they are. I'd expect them to be roughly equal considering how little spell damage adds to players. The one with caster gear being 1/3 that with ac gear shows either something is very broken or the variables of your 10 minute parses are very different.

Personally haven't bothered with either caster or healer gear. A dead merc doesn't heal or dps better than a live one. Prefer the AC boost which does make a difference rather than the placebo spell damage and heal stats. Besides, going AC for all means no need to swap for different mercs.
  3. Hellboy007 Augur

it would seem for mercs to regain effectiveness after swapping gear you have to suspend and re-summon them.

I had put the tank gear back in and the dps was still ~10k

And 30k dps for a merc?? that is so very low lol. all the new AA and gear seemingly does nothing.
  4. Hellboy007 Augur

Re ran caster gear parse.. yea same dps with caster gear as tank gear.. so only gear worth having is tank gear..
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Was the mob the same? both fights look like they took the same about of time, so the DPS shouldn't be that different.
  6. Xanathol Augur

Interestingly enough, I was seeing this same behavior the other night. Was parsing J5 max AA caster merc at 23k with healer gear on (all CotF bought but converted at the time of testing). I switched to caster gear and he dropped to 9-10k. Suspended, resummoned, changed stances, etc and after enough toggling, he finally went back up to ~23k. I have no idea what the magic combination was but it was definitely odd. And even at max, underwhelming.
  7. Kunon Augur

I think that is how everyone who understands how Spell Damage, Heal Amount, and even Attack at this point gears out their mercs. None of those mod3 are going to make any kind of noticeable difference given their amounts and the spells/abilities that mercs use. The AC on the other hand will provide a noticeable increase to the ability to survive for all four. It boggles my mind when I see people posting that they want (or even carry) different gear for each Merc. That would mean needing four (really two, who uses Melee/Tank mercs?) sets of Tank gear instead of one.
    eqgamer likes this.
  8. Sindaiann Augur

If you put the gear on and take it off its very clear the heroic stats are not counting. Mercs are only getting the hp/mp/end that the item displays and heroics are making zero difference on those stats.

Wouldn't be surprised if spell damage, heal amount etc all do not function either.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

C'mon guys, lighten up. You all know this is DBG! The pattern remains the same, make changes which don't work, try again a few times, finally get it right. In their defense the original merc code which was Sony's never worked very well since day one. It's like a pretty face with an empty brain behind it.
  10. seber Augur

is any thing you all don't cry like 5yr kids about in EQ now >?
  11. Igniz Augur

Personally, I can roll with pretty face and empty brain occassionally - sadly, those mercs are not pretty enough to warrant this particular vast amount of emptiness ...
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

anyone know if the melee mercs are parsing better or worse than ~30k dps?

i almost laugh at the 30kdps and just put in another healer merc for the hell of it.

IIRC that was the same amount of DPS these things where doing in CoTF. or was it 20?

how can you call 30k dps even a DPS merc? DPS implies good damage not just damage.

unfortunately beings these things just received this amount of attention one could expect that they will remain this low for a long time.