Can't play on old computer since expansion

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Demmin, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Demmin New Member

Im not sure what happened but my old desktop i box on using windows xp has worked just fine until the latest series of patches. Specifically the launch of the expansion. Im not even trying to play the expansion.i play on the TLP servers. The patcher loads and server select screen works fine, but once i get to character select, the colors are all out of whack and sections are missing. I can't see to do anything. If i hit enter, it loads my character into the world, but the screen is black and pixilated and i cant see anything once again.

Ideas? Help? Anyone else encountered this?
  2. Roxxanna Augur

My first step would be to change the display settings at the log-in screen (little gear icon)
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

Can of compressed air and open up the case, clear out all dust build up on heat sinks. Next, make sure the fans are actually moving. What you have described is generally either overheating or a failing GPU.
  4. kraggnar Elder

I had to reset my graphics drivers back to original on an older system and now it runs EQ just fine again.
  5. Weverley Augur

Samething happen on EQ2 since new expansion to those still playing on windows xp.Might be time to move your windows operating system to a more recent one before things stop working.Should i mention that microsoft not even patching windows xp anymore and that's been the case for over a year.