Can't log in with main character

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Angry Cleric, May 23, 2019.

1. Angry Cleric New Member

Good Evening,
    I am unable to log into my main (50 cleric) yet I can log into a different toon from the same account. I am able to log into the cleric on a different machine where I changed zones. I am still unable to log onto the cleric on my good pc. Any ideas? It doesn't appear to be a file issue since I can log in on a different character. It is just the cleric I can't log in with.

I just created a new dwarf character to ensure it isn't the zone files at issue.
  2. Angry Cleric New Member

Sorry I just realized I didn't give the error I was getting. After I pick the cleric and try to log in I get the following:

EverQuest Crash Notification
    EverQuest has detected that you client may have crashed.
    It is often possible to determine where and why the crash occurred.
    Click OK to send this data back to the developers in an effort to help the stability of the game.

I have clicked OK each time. If I do a /who all Angry on my other account I see that my character is in the game.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Try using the go home button on the login page. Possibly your char is stuck in geometry and cant log in. EDIT Nm, apparently I should learn to read properly.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Wait perhaps?? Not a very satisfactory answer I realize. May need to petition it. :(

Second thought. Move every file with that characters name on it to another place on your computer. Log all the way out and then back in and see if letting the game rebuild new files will help. Wish I could offer more.
  5. Angry Cleric New Member

Ok so I followed an older post from Aug 2018 that said to delete some files.....
    Delete and Regenerate General Files for EverQuest

August 21, 2018 16:00

Sometimes certain files or settings may become corrupted and cause crashing or in game errors. Deleting and regenerating these files may help resolve those issues.

*You may want to make backups of the files below before they are deleted. This is because deleting the files will reset your UI and settings. If deleting the files does not resolve the issue then you can simply restore your backed up files so that you keep your settings.*

To delete these files you will need to navigate to your EverQuest directory. The directory can be found by opening the EverQuest Launchpad, clicking on "Advanced Tools" in the bottom left of the Launchpad and selecting "Open Game Directory".
    Next, Please delete the following files from that directory:
    • defaults.ini
    • eqclient.ini
    • eqgame.exe
    • EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    • EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    • eqlsClient.ini
    • eqmain.dll
    After deleting them and logging in I was able to get in once. When I tried to turn the updated models back on I got the error again. I am currently trying to see which model it is that is causing the problem
  6. Angry Cleric New Member

Now I can't get in again even though I deleted them all a second time.
  7. Angry Cleric New Member

I deleted:

• <CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example: jack_bristlebane.ini)
    • UI_<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example: ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

And now I am back in with all updated models....this is odd