Can't Enter Buyer Mode

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grem, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Grem New Member

Topic says it all. I was in buyer mode in the bazaar pretty much all week. Last night I go to set up, and click START BARTER. I get the message on the "BARTER BUYER WINDOW" that says "Barter Mode *ON*" immediately followed by "Barter Mode *OFF*"

I am in the correct section of the bazaar. I have plenty of PP in my inventory. My bags are empty. I am standing on the correct section of floor. I've logged off/on, re-patched, etc. Still nothing.

Any ideas?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Did you account switch to free to play? Free to play cant barter or bazaar.
  3. Mayfaire Augur

Did you somehow lose your buyer .ini? <meaning the saved file that is the list of the thing or things you had set yourself up to buy>

If that happened, then it will immediately go from on to off.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I dont think toons start with a buyer file so it should create one when the barter toon is started up.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

The buyer ini is not created until the player creates the first item they want to buy (item, price and number to buy). Since he said he had a buyer up all week, there would have been a buyer ini. However if that somehow got destroyed, when he logs in and tries to start the buyer mode, he would have nothing listed to buy, so it would immediately turn itself off.

Edit: I don't know if that is the problem in this case, it is just one potential cause of what is happening.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmmm good point.
  7. Raccoo Augur

Make sure levitation is off your character? It does that to me when I have a character that is levitating too far above the floor.