Not A Bug Cannot Retire Duplicate Fippy Darkpaw

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Newb Tank, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Newb Tank Not so Newb

Cannot retire duplicate Fippy Darkpaw. Thank you.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Intentional, originally. The only way to obtain that agent (prior to this patch) was to buy it, meaning they didn't want people accidentally getting rid of it since you couldn't buy another one on the same server.

Now that he's available to buyers via recruit tasks, they could probably take that restriction away.
    Wyre Wintermute and Newb Tank like this.
  3. Uuvin Augur

cant retire avatar of solusek ro ( i previously posted about the blue agent carlene snizzlefriszt being unable to retuire as well )
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Similar situation as Fippy.

They didn't want people getting the agents from that event via conversions or retirment...only by running the Overseer tasks or buying them. You can still use them IN a conversion, but you can't get them VIA conversions.
  5. Fidden Lorekeeper

Having same issue as others, cannot retire duplicate of Fippy Darkpaw
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Elite's cannot be converted as there are no elite conversion quests. Retirement is the only option to get value from duplicate elite agents at this time.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I can a see a problem with this in the future i was converting a bunch of agent had like 1500 down to like 400 big speed difference but when i was doing rare i noticed i got fippy problem is he cant be retired so in the future if you can retire him i can see me getting a lot of fippy's and not being able to do anything with them unless they come out with super elite's or something. After i converted all my rares i made echo's of my elites got 95 of them lol crazy. Hopefully they can be retired or something im trying to keep my agent counts down now.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would suspect that Fippy is coded like the event agents...you can't get him through conversion. So, the only way you'd end up with multiple Fippy's is if you run his recruitment task. Don't do that, and you won't have to worry about it.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Actually thats what i was complaining as i had a double so doing a bunch of rare conversions i must have gotten fippy. I havent done any recruit quests in awhile now as i was getting to many agents and i definately would of noticed a elite recruit.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

ok i checked my other account (both accounts bought fippy from marketplace) and surprise this account has 2 as well. is there a overseer achievement for getting it? confused how i got two of fippy on each account when i didnt do any elite recruit tasks just bunch of rare conversions which lead me to believe you can get through rare conversions. Or looking at the overseer achiement looks like the reward is another fippy? under special overseer?
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, the ach reward for buying Fippy is to get another copy of Fippy and have his recruit task unlocked.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

lol what good are fippy's if they cant be retired?
    Wulfhere, Syylke_EMarr and Yinla like this.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Afaik there is no quest for which Fippy is best suited either. He's a complete waste as an agent for now.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Iirc there is an epic(I think) 6 hour "plunder" mission where he is the best fit. Can't remember what it is called though.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

The problem, as I understand it, only applies to players (like yourself) that bought that pack in order to get fippy prior to these achievements. I think now, when you buy it, you're granted the achievement...which in turn grants you Fippy. So people buying it after the achievements were put in won't have a duplicate fippy. Basically, it all boils down to having different toons on different servers and only being able to buy the pack once, or something like that

At least, that was my understanding of the explanation. It's very confusing and sloppy on Daybreak's part, which is par for the course with Overseer.
  16. Ganzito Developer

Fippy Darkpaw is flagged as a "Reward-Only" agent, which means that he can't be Retired and can't be granted from conversion quests or other randomized agent rewards. All of the agents granted via achievements and event quests are also assigned the "Reward-Only" flag. This is intentional functionality to prevent accidental loss, since the methods of acquiring these agents are severally limited.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In that case can we get these rewards changed from being iconic to being normal, so all agents can actually be used?

It is pretty annoying to have agents you know will never be used and you can never get rid of. Especially with the lag for Overseer getting worse the more agents you have.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

What about dropping the Iconic tag, so that multiple Fippy agents serves a purpose?
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Of all of the Iconic agents.. this one makes the most sense to be able to run multiples of! ;)
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Drop iconic, but 100% chance of incapacitated every mission he is used on.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.