Cannot log into one particular character.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by tzeriel, Mar 20, 2019.

1. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Played my monk last night. Logged out. Went to log back into her, crash after char select. Did it a half dozen times. Can log into other characters just fine. Can make new characters. This is on Mangler.
  2. Deekins New Member

I can't log onto my Monk on FV, either. Tried a couple times, but just crashes out to desktop. I can get on my Beastlord.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

One of mine would just poof! when zoning due to last patch. I deleted that characters file and it seems to have fixed it.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Try resetting your UI before trying to log in.
  5. Zinkeh Augur

How?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

After you click play then play again on the server select you wind up on the character select screen and at the bottom of that is a button that says "reset ui to default"

I have never used that - just giving you the directions of where it is. Deleting the character ini file worked fine for me - no problems since.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I prefer resetting the UI to deleting my character ini. I think its easier to set up your UI again.
  8. Joeyrgegjwj New Member

This happens to me on occasion. It happens to me when my zone files for a particular zone become corrupted.

First thing to try is the Return to Home button on character select. This gets me around the corrupted zone files for whatever zone I was in.

If I don't feel like walking all the way back I delete those zone files from the Everquest directory and the launcher will re-download them. Either way I have to delete and re-download those zone files before I go back to whatever zone I was in.

It happened to me in Guk the other day so I went to C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest and searched "guk*" and deleted all the guk*.eqg, .s3d and emt files and then relaunched Everquest.