Cannot do the after-patch install

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grove, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Grove Augur

After sever attempts to install, each time I am getting this message (cannot copy and paste, have to look and type to Word)
    ERROR

Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file –
    C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/Everquest/eqgame.exe(13) –

more stuff

The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Exclude eqgame.exe from your AV on access (real time protection).
  3. Grove Augur

4. Grove Augur

How it worked out -- Shortly after posting here, I submitted a petition. GM suggested some things; as I followed the instructions, I found those implementations were already in place. So, it boiled down to contacting the anti-virus program support. With a take-over of my computer and a couple more simple resolutions failing, the technician uninstalled their program and together we downloaded EverQuest expansion. It worked. I have camped out and back in. All that worked as well. Thank YOU for your help. I am back in game!
  5. Grove Augur

I thought I would be good for a year, only having to contact virus program people on the new expansions. However, after the patch yesterday, December 12, it happened again. Immediatly, I contacted virus program people. They tried, as before, to exclude EQ from the firewall, and as before it did not work. Support said that it did not seem to be problem of the virus program. I reminded him that last time they had to uninstall the program, do the EverQuest download, then reinstall the virus program. He obliged. It worked.
    Now I am wondering if I will have to contact virus program folk after every patch.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Not firewall, on access scan (real time protection). The pattern of the executable changes every patch, not just with expansion releases.