can you please fix the crashing?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sula, Nov 28, 2012.

1. sula Augur

I am in shard's landing. when i zoned in, i crashed within a few minutes while running up the hill to the crater. now every time i log in, i crash. please fix the crashes. btw, the little window that comes up when you crash asking for information is an impossibility. you can't click in the window while crashing. you can type in info, but can't click the send button. you also can't send it by pressing enter. it simply won't work for crashing.
  2. sula Augur

this time it was a runtime error. the login doesn't give me the option to send her home or i would. can you please help me get her out of there? i can't even send in a petition.
  3. Velocita New Member

Totally Agree..been playing EQ on this pc for 2+ years never an issue today, log in, play 1 mission on CoB, throne to loby and crash. Unable to get any toon in game w/o crashing , runs just fine on 3 other accounts and 3 other pc's. Find it hard to beleive something would go wrong on my end the same day you guys do major changes on your end. FIX IT!!
  4. Straahdx Augur

Every time I zone from shards back to cob, I crash now. Have never crashed going into cob before.. Pretty annoying..
  5. Noobieguy Augur

Friend was crashing last night almost every zone, no clue what is messed up, but he doesn't normally have issues.
  6. sula Augur

I found that it seems to be a tracking bug. my sister, a 95 ranger, crashed every time she tried to track. my tracking is automatically on, but i moved the button to another hotkey so it wouldn't come on and the crashing stopped. check your tracking. i am sure there are other such bugs,and it will take time to find them all.
  7. Straahdx Augur

Sk / necro don't have tracking. Try again pls.
  8. CaptAmazing Augur

Crashed as well. Gating out of shards on one and the other zoning into Xorbb. Very uncommon to have that happen.
  9. sula Augur

mercs are buggy too. my brother-in-law's merc quit healing him when he got the mob down to 3% and he wiped. he had no such problems in beta. just in the live game.
  10. Senelder New Member

Any idea what is causing these zoning crashes?
    Is there going to be a fix for this in tomorrows patch?
    I'm even crashing when camping now, not just zoning anymore
  11. Vily New Member

Had 2 crashes today- once when zoning into bazaar and another when zoning into MMM. Both times I had 3 clients going but have been previously stable for many months.
  12. Leerah Augur

Did not buy ROF. Did not crash on multiple accounts/toons today. Used tracking often in Feerott2.
  13. Xslia Elder

I typically do not have issues with the runtime error crash on zoning - but since I've patched with RoF, I am crashing about every 3 times I zone, and I crashed last night while camping out. this is very frustrating.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Crashed logging in and crashed logging out rest of the time I was fine....
  15. Turayalon Lorekeeper

Yep lots of crashing nothing before RoF launch yeehaaa.
  16. Frogmancer Augur

This is still a problem - any update? I crash almost every time I zone into Erillion, coming from wherever. It's very annoying.
  17. Noirfu Augur

My son and I were having huge crashing problems when zoning after the release of ROF. Nearly every zone transition in ROF on several characters and several systems (all modern systems running 64-bit WIn7 or Win8, all with NVIDIA GPUs).

Turning off Mip Mapping in eqclient.ini completely fixed the crashing on all systems.

Of course, we get texture aliasing on distant surfaces, but those 90s-quality graphics are preferable to constant crashes.

The EQ developers should be able to use this info to fix the actual bug so we can turn mip-mapping back on for better textures.
  18. Badname0553. Elder

Same issues. Went from never crashing except in Pillars which was 50/50 to now crashing about every 5th zone since RoF launched.
  19. Drakophine New Member

I wish that was the case for me, but it is not. I do not have mip mapping defined in my eqclient.ini. I crashed constantly before I upgraded my system, but have crashed less now. I am also not the normal example, so reporting crashes doesn't help.
  20. Narye Augur

Whenever I try to zone OUT of Shards landing, I visit that "other zone" - The Desktop
    Please, Please, fix it, I can only find grey cons that are amiable in The Desktop!