Can We Get The Quest Journal Fixed Please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

The Quest Journal has been messed up for some small while now. It does not stay to the mode you put it in for lack of a better term. Example: Under current tasks in the quest journal it is broken down into 3 windows.1 Current Tasks, 2 Task Progression, and then a 3rd bottom window.

When you adjust these windows they do not stay adjusted. Every time you die or go ld you have to readjust the windows in the quest journal. Can we get this fixed? Not a major problem but it is a pain to have to keep adjusting.

Thanks,
    -Mesc
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think some of the issue is on your end (like if you are using a custom UI).

There was/still is a bug where if you Logged out or went LD while the Quest window was open but minimized one of the three frames would be smooshed by the other two (I think it was the Task Progression window but it could have been the Current tasks one). This was bandaid fixed by inserting some code into the UI which forced all the frames to have a minimum size; thus what you are describing happens if you log out or LD with it minimized (generally the Current tasks window is the smallest one).

However, I have never seen what you are talking about ever happen from just dying or zoning. So this part is where there is a problem on your end. I can't think of what it might be, but I think that it would be something in your EQUI_TaskWnd.xml. If you are using the Default one then I really have no idea what the issue is, because I use the Default of that window and have never had anything change from dying, but every time I log into my main the first time I unminimize the Quest Journal window I have to adjust it. But only that first time; after that, as long as I don't go LD or log out, I will not have to do a thing; no matter how many times I open, close, minimize or maximize the window.