Can we get a PoJustice AoC for when pop rolls out?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Angered, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Angered Augur

Waiting in line on the Quarm server to do trails was amazing all the spam all the JOY and love..................... Let us have a POJ AoC!!! We will beg mighty Devs we will beg !!

Day 1 can go one of two ways....

300ish POJ expos

or

=( followed by Rage/Chaos
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Luclin & PoP were pushed back on Phinny so they could get everything right with PoP. I imagine there will be an instance for everything so you'll likely get your wish.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

On Quarm I don't think I saw a single group do a trial other than Execution.

Yes only one group can be in a single trial at a time and the refresh on the trial is awhile which causes spamming... But there were 5 perfectly good trials you could also do that were slightly more challenging which also flag you.
  4. -wycca Augur

There were other groups that did some other trials, but it wasn't too common. Yea it's a potential large problem (as are giants in PoStorms, and a few others).
  5. Eldrian Augur

It will eventually balance out. You do know it is NOT required that every expansion be beaten within the first week of release.
  6. Catashe Augur

I assume their will be a PoJ AoC anyway because of The Seventh Hammer
  7. Tharrg Augur

Is it spawn times that are creating the issue?
  8. Pikallo Augur

I did the trial on Quarm without too much issue, but I could see it getting really congested at the start. However, that is the nature of the beast and will eventually calm down to the point where PoJ is completely dead.

I assume /pick will work as well? It will be super easy to flood the zone and get 3-4 picks up to move things along.

The "issue" is that the trials have a 30 minute lockout timer upon completion and only allow 1 at a time. The trial flag is needed to access PoV/PoS. So at the start of the expansion, everyone will be jammed in to PoJ trying to complete the trial, and it will only allow 1 group every 30 minutes, assuming the group ahead of you is successful. I have also seen bugs/glitches when multiple groups are spamming the NPC where half of one group gets ported in and half of a separate group gets ported in. I suspect this may be an issue with massive traffic in the first weeks of PoP.

My solution, as was suggested above, is going to do one of the other slightly more difficult trials. There are a total of 6 available, however it has been widely accepted that Trial of Execution is by far the easiest, so everyone just does that one.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Once you enter a trial, no one else can enter that trial until the trial fails and has a certain amount of time to reset. There is only a single location on the map for each trial, unlike PoNightmarr hedge maze that has 3 different maze possibilities.

This means if the trial allows another group in quick enough the bosses corpse with the Marks could be left on the floor for anyone to loot.

I'd imagine that enough people being in the zone will pop up 3 pick zones allowing for 3 trial groups X 6 trials simultaneously. That's enough for 108 people to be trailing simultaneously. After a few days it should sort itself out. This assumes people aren't all bad and have to do the execution trial only. With 5 months of farming Luclin content and having many AAs, level 60s should be able to rock all of those trials, though the flame one was always tough to do especially without a specialized group.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, we got tired of waiting and just hopped to trial of stoning, which actually ended up being easier for us than execution. I think the archers were bugged.
  11. Tharrg Augur

seems like it would make more since to make it similar to Gribble etc.. and create multiple instance trials for each group. and the lockout be tied to the people...
  12. Pikallo Augur

Yeah the PoJ trials are not instanced content. It just ports you to a room within the actual zone that is only accessible by talking to the NPC.
  13. Kloven Elder

We should be able to create extra picks of PoJ at least. I agree though, a good forward thinking request as this was a frustrating road block originally with PoP.
  14. TrinculoDarkblood Journeyman

It really wasn't that bad on Fippy. The first few days you had to fight to get an execution trial, but pretty quickly after server launch you could get any other trial without much problem. And that was without /pick.

That said, it seems like it wouldn't be too hard for it to spin up an instanced version of PoJ for every group when you go through the dialogue with him.
  15. Angered Augur

Yeah but when you say jam packed.... How many more people will be playing on Phinny (in the pop era) vs the Quarm server that is in OOW.... It will not just be the 10+ guilds that farm all the content... Its going to be EVERYONE! You also have all the people that have not started on phinny yet..... Depending on how long it takes to get AA's (will determine when people start to play or how long they can wait most people do not want to be going into pop not 60 and 0 AA's ) I am going to state as my opinion more people liked Luclin (BST) and POP over classic EQ / Kunark / Velious.... I could be wrong but i feel like so many people are not playing because of that.....

I would assume they would just add an AOC i guess you need it for the 7th hammer... (time to read all the pop flags i blocked out of my brain many years ago)
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Quarm was interesting because it had Alpha-PoP flagging rules. It didn't really make sense but it was cool to see everyone interested in doing some level of progression.

During mid-PoP amid cries from more casual players, they decided to open up more planar zones by level (which was again changed during the more widespread level-replacing flagging changes 5-6~ years later). So I feel like the TLPs probably should have those zones opened up by a level basis, the PoP era version of it.

Valor, Storm, Torment, Crypt of Decay = 55
    HoH and BoT = 62

Leaving Tactics, Tower of Sol Ro, EPs, Time and the PoNB/HoHB zones locked behind progression.

This would basically make it not a necessity to have a PoJ trial done if you were seeking to level beyond 62~ or so. On the other hand it would make far fewer people inclined to do the best flagging story in EQ's history.

I think when they are /turning off access-by-level on progression servers they aren't really realizing that in the PoP era some should exist. Certainly not for Elemental Planes and such, but the lower tier PoP zones listed above could all be accessed with no flags just by being of proper level.