Can we get a new Illusion for Anniv pls

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Feb 5, 2021.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Cole slaw, Fries, and a Biscuit with that?
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Froglok Augur

Wasn't the $50 ticket cost to Fan Faire and the Guise was just an added bonus (free)?

Either way, just charge $50 for it (5K DBC).
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Or an illusion that makes you look like one of your(randomly selected) alts.

Or illusion: dobbeltganger.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

It was actively advertised and sold as a standalone.

As mentioned above, the 30 minute illusion and 2 hour CD may generate controversy and bad PR as it did in 2014.
  5. Froglok Augur

Well, I remain on the side of revenue for EQ. Offer it, and other things like it (Fan Faire, Beta awards, individual expansion bonus items, etc.) for sale in Marketplace. Those who got them, got them essentially for free, or chose to pay extra for them. Offering them in Marketplace allows those who may have missed them or were not around at the time, a chance to acquire them and since they have to shell out DBC for them (not free and at a price equal to or higher than originally charged... i.e.. higher priced expansion had 5 bonus items for "X" more $$, then charge $$ divided by 5 items, rounded up), it would also be a revenue source for DP.
  6. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Reselling items offered at FanFaire and Beta is a touchy subject.

The non-controversial solution is to reskin some items. Instead of Cowl of the Dreadland Yeti, they could offer a White Yeti illusion. Instead of the Gelatinous Cube, it could be the flat blob or pink cube model. Instead of the nude siren mercenary, they could offer a clothed siren merc.

Guise of the Ancient Gods is a special case because it seems like the devs regretted making it. As an owner of the Guise, the restrictions are harsh and reselling it would lead to like 10 complaint threads all over again.
  7. Zamiam Augur

The only problem with this . is they would have to spend time making the new illusion/graphics where as the previous items all they need todo is slap it in marketplace and put a price tag on it .. its hard enough to get dev's to allocate time for actual things that need fixing let alone making new illusions for items they already have.

I would love to get the Yeti illusion .. Nude Siren ? ive got a siren illusion already she is not nude ,but she is hot :p
    I also have the Guise of the Ancient Gods .. I click it like maybe 3 times a year because of the restrictions .. I'll never buy another illusion like that .. they need to remove the restrictions or at least make the buff last for the hour or so . keep the recast is fine ..
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The Flat Blob would make for a good illusion too!! The green with the "tentacles" coming out to attack is pretty iconic imo and there's no other illusion like it atm.