Can the less popular zones get small exp buffs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Rhodz Augur

At 133% ZEM for LG and 0% for OOT I do not see how it could be possible. That means one has to dispatch 2.33 mobs in OOT for every one in LG for the same xp.
  2. Drakkal Elder

I guess I am not understanding what you are saying....but from what I believe to have seen(I did not do any type of math on this). I was getting more experience from Hamlord camp in Lguk from Dark Blues, then I was from Dark Blues/Yellows/Reds in a full group in OoT.Elite Goblin group.

Sorry I re-read my earlier post, and it seemed confusing so I edited it for clarification.......
  3. Rhodz Augur

I was agreeing with you. For every 1 mob killed in LG you get as much xp as killing 2.33 in OOT all other things being equal so you are correct not even close.
  4. BearmanSW Elder

What really needs to happen is that people need to forget where all the good loots are.

I think adding exp mods to non-dungeon zones will give the casual crowd a nice alternative to hunt, but realistically, even if OOT and SolB were the same exp rate, people will still flood SolB because they know the GEBs are there.

Now if they mysteriously moved the GEBs (and other sweet loot) to other named mobs in different zones, you bet your sorry that the l33t players will scour Norrath to find them!
  5. Rhodz Augur

Heheh whats the odds of that going well...
  6. ranluwen Journeyman

40 to 43 ish at hamlord is going to be better, but post 43 oot gobs should be much better exp all the way to 50. You might not get as much exp per kill, but the number of mobs you can kill per hour should triple if not more.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Given the slow rate picks open in OOT vs LG that would be highly situational. Trains excluded, no real place to run in OOT, seen people have just as hard a time if not more in OOT as LG. Besides dem dead frogs is rich...
  8. Ohfuggle Elder

Rothj MUST be trolling lawl.

Makes a post asking for a hardcore TLP, makes second thread asking for XP boosts.
  9. ranluwen Journeyman

Well yeah it's situational. But all things being equal the exp at oot gobs should be a decent amount superior to hamlord 45 plus. However you don't have any plat drops minus the occasional bs off alle. I don't even really consider LG an optimal 40+ exp zone because the camps that are that level only have a handful of mobs 43+. Sol b, oot gobs and the hole should all be better exp to 50.
    Rhodz likes this.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Actually he is making a pretty good point that is just as reasonably seen as an xp reduction in LG-ish zones as an increase in others.
    snailish likes this.
  11. snailish Augur

"baseline zone xp rates" aka lose the ZEM is actually a really interesting proposal.

Unlike many because it is asking for less xp in preferred places (due to loot and density of mobs mostly) to indirectly raise the appeal of everywhere else (less people crowding for the loots).

It's also independent of the global server XP rate, but is something set for TLP and live for every zone independently (i.e., the not so long ago fix to remove 2x hotzone xp mods to burning woods).

So every zone up to GoD could be flatlined for ZEM. Live servers would still have hotzones (and progression that gets there) and places like TSS zones (that seem to be higher ZEM) would be untouched to go along with their higher xp rate and other easy-level features.

This means Paludal caverns probably wouldn't become the only place 95% of the population does for that level range post-Luclin. (as an example). I think it's worth really looking at.
  12. Rhodz Augur

To be honest the high ZEM zones are very attractive when the server settles out and most of the trouble makers are doing that elsewhere. Great to move an alt into PC or LG and get that xp kick to get the ball rolling downhill. So from a long term view I like them but that does not mean other good zones that are just as much or even more fun cant get a little love also to spread that mongolian cluster frak of launch around. Roll back of some of the mob eliminations in places like SK, NK, EK, etc aint a bad idea either
    Just from a player's point of view.
    Meh first world problems :)