Can someone test the truth about Parsing and Self Healing

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Coruth, May 2, 2013.

1. Coruth Augur

Its moot because u don't get what I am saying.

If a sk heals 500k damage that's 500k less healing he needs that is same as mitigation.

It doesn't matter that the sk could have healed 1 million by using unholy or other stuff because he didn't use them for tank reasons.

Self healing actually done (not max a class could do) is in essence mitgation
  2. Behelit Augur

/g Healing for: Nubag -vs- Combat Dummy Jaka: -- Nubag: 28709

[Thu May 02 18:17:04 2013] You begin casting Blood of Korum Rk. II.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:04 2013] Korum's blood burns your veins.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:06 2013] You haven't recovered yet...
    [Thu May 02 18:17:06 2013] You have taken 1902 damage from Blood of Korum Rk. II
    [Thu May 02 18:17:07 2013] You begin casting Blood of Malthiasiss Rk. II.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:07 2013] Malthiasiss's blood burns your veins.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:07 2013] You've been granted a gift of dreamlike exquisite radiant mana!
    [Thu May 02 18:17:07 2013] You are thirsty.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:07 2013] You are hungry.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:07 2013] You are out of food and drink.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:09 2013] Targeted (NPC): Jonober
    [Thu May 02 18:17:09 2013] Right click on the NPC to consider it.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:10 2013] Targeted (NPC): Combat Dummy Jaka
    [Thu May 02 18:17:10 2013] Right click on the NPC to consider it.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:12 2013] You have taken 8130 damage from Blood of Korum Rk. II
    [Thu May 02 18:17:12 2013] Your Irae Faycite Shard: Blood of Malthiasiss feels alive with power.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:12 2013] You have taken 7629 damage from Blood of Malthiasiss Rk. II
    [Thu May 02 18:17:13 2013] You begin casting Plague of Piqiorn Rk. II.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:13 2013] Corruption eats away at your body.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:15 2013] Auto attack is on.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:15 2013] You slash Combat Dummy Jaka for 1487 points of damage.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:15 2013] You slash Combat Dummy Jaka for 2166 points of damage.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:17 2013] You slash Combat Dummy Jaka for 609 points of damage.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:17 2013] Nubag scores a critical hit! (7074)
    [Thu May 02 18:17:17 2013] You slash Combat Dummy Jaka for 7094 points of damage.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:18 2013] You have taken 9061 damage from Blood of Korum Rk. II
    [Thu May 02 18:17:18 2013] Your Irae Faycite Shard: Blood of Malthiasiss feels alive with power.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:18 2013] You have taken 1309 damage from Blood of Malthiasiss Rk. II
    [Thu May 02 18:17:18 2013] You have taken 990 damage from Plague of Piqiorn Rk. II
    [Thu May 02 18:17:18 2013] You begin casting Dire Allegation Rk. II.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] Your Irae Faycite Shard: Dire Allegation feels alive with power.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] Nubag hit Combat Dummy Jaka for 47425 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] You deliver a critical blast! (47425)
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] Combat Dummy Jaka staggers under a dire allegation.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] You perform an exceptional heal! (97270)
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] You have healed Nubag for 28709 points.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] You begin casting Sholothian Horror Strike II.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] Nubag hit Combat Dummy Jaka for 7755 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] You deliver a critical blast! (7755)
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] Combat Dummy Jaka gushes blood from a savage wound.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] Spatters of blood excite your thirst for vitae.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] You slash Combat Dummy Jaka for 1089 points of damage.
    [Thu May 02 18:17:19 2013] You slash Combat Dummy Jaka for 2123 points of damage.

no difference, still only picks up the actual healed amount
  3. Viltaire Augur

Perhaps my gamparse settings are wrong. As I stated above I overhealed while only taking 3171 damage. I can only show how mine parsed.
  4. Kelefane Augur

What im saying is, when an SK is in tank mode, we do not heal as well as if we were in burn mode (ie not tanking) - So no, we cannot have the best of both worlds. We cannot tank our best and heal our best at the same time. In fact, we likely lifetap a lot less when tanking than we do when burning. When we burn with quickspear, we rotate spam our lifetaps and thats about it spell wise. When tanking, we have other things that we need to press and use.

I understand what your saying and I fully understand what this thread is about. However, there are others here with an agenda to get Knights nerfed like Battleaxe/Battleblade and I am stating facts that SKs cant maximize their tanking and healing simultaneously.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Self healing actually done (not max a class could do) is in essence mitgation <-- No its not, Mitigation is damage not taken Such as a Rune is mitigation. You can never front load a heal to save someone from being 1 rounded, you can however rune someone to save them. I think that is one thing we need to have a discussion about is what "Mitigation" means to each other. To me it is the ability to not take damage, and really has nothing to do with how much was healed AFTER the damage was taken, or how much was healed before then round was taken.
    Sinestra, Elricvonclief and Kelefane like this.
  6. Coruth Augur

Correct phrasing is use an adjective like max

Sk can not max tank plus max heal plus max dps at same time. Totally agree

They can tank and heal at same timr. Since this is a discussion about tank data thiis is only numbers I care about. How much healing you do while tanking
  7. Coruth Augur

To me mitigation equals self healing unless you can be one rounded.

Nothing is one rounding knights but not wars atm. As such they are same currently.

I agree they aren't identicle sarj. If one rounding is possible
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Actually this discussion is about parses and what gets recorded. The other thread was already locked, lets not beat the dead horse, it just cruelty to animals :)

Lets start a new thread if you want to talk about what mitigation really is.
  9. Lanthor Elder

In the history of gameparse this is the first time I have heard of healing going overmax (given that the game validly returns total and healed amounts seperatly). The entier debate aside thats a huge change if for some reason it were returning over 100.

I did just reaffirm on the healing side of it though as noted above; I suspect Vilt might have a setting issue unless someone else can replicate the results?
  10. sojero One hit wonder

Lan, when i get home ill pull up some of my old raid parses where i was not tanking anything and we can see what my total healing was, vs dmg taken, im pretty sure i have seen some in the millions of healed with only a couple k dmg taken. It will be in about 4 hrs
  11. Coruth Augur

Sojero the reason for me I need accurate game parse is so comparisons are fair in war vs knight tank debated

But also remember I am a healer so when those pesky sk link their healing I want to know if its accurate when they beat me

I think its fair atm to conclude paladins parses are accurate.

Sk parses seem to be being debated
  12. Kelefane Augur

Wrong.

What I see is conflicting results. Just because you say its so, means that its gospel? I dont know you from Adam nor do I care to know you. However, posting any parse, much less the parses being asked to be posted here, can be faked. Ive never trusted a parse that comes from someone with an agenda and an axe to grind.

Asking anyone to post a parse on these forums is pretty much the same thing as taking someone on their word when it comes to discussions like this. In other words, when it comes to these debates and discussions, people will only believe what conveniently helps their cause.
  13. Behelit Augur

because I've been shown to have an agenda or axe to grind? how would I benefit from faking the parses or logs? you really think I took the time to write out timestamps and fake lines of damage + heals?

let's see you actually test it for yourself and prove me wrong before you decide I'm altering data for some unknown reason.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

Please don't try and provoke fights, the main question was from something I said. I will pull up parses when i get home from work and post them, if I am wrong I will gladly state it. Its easy to say something is not correct without proof either way. It is also easy for those that don't want to show it to omit the proof. Give it some time, remain civil, and we shall see.
  15. Kelefane Augur

Does Viltaire? Who had no part in the discussion whatsoever until this particular thread was posted.

Your the one who conveniently pointed out that he may of lied on his parse.

So yes, conflicting results (regarding parses in this particular thread)
  16. Battleaxe Augur

It would be useful to see if GameParse does accurately report things if you use the right settings.

However, given the fact everybody in the raid can see how classes perform in the MT rotation, the benefits of self-healing in group content, etc. I don't consider this question, other than wanting bookkeeping accuracy, to be material in the larger debate.

Certainly not a meant to "lie" incident. The truth or error of this doesn't effect much corner case was too easy to confirm to conclude malicious fabrication.

I will be interested in the conclusion but it's hardly necessary for there to be any "class warfare" over it.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

Can they battleaxe, my gamparse only picks up whats done to me, when i got the healing tab i can only see anything that hits me when it comes to healing, so settings may have something to do with that.
  18. Mistatk Augur

I'll do some parsing also if needed. Whether healing only shows the real amount healed, or just the total amount of the healing spell, should be really, really easy to determine. I'm fairly certain gamparse only shows actual amount healed, not the total amount the heal is for, but I'm sure we can determine for certain.
  19. Mistatk Augur

I do know, or believe I know, only the person healing, and the person being healed, can parse the heal amount. It is not displayed to others. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
  20. Viltaire Augur

I only have heals to me turned on in my everquest settings. I also have others hits and misses turned off. I don't parse our entire raid I only try and track my own dps. I'm interested in seeing sojero's parse. If it backs up behelit's parse then obviously I have a setting issue. I can only show mine and mine is indeed showing overheals.

The whole reason I did not post in the other threads is because I don't care about class warfare. I want to see every class get what they want, within reason of course.
    Elricvonclief likes this.