Can FTP characters group up to trigger ldon raids?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kursis Paracelsus, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Kursis Paracelsus Journeyman

Finding a group of people is next to impossible. Contemplating making FTP accounts to get the numbers to request raid.
  2. Febb Augur

I believe 3 people and 3 mercs should allow you to request those raids, regardless if they are FTP accounts.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

You cannot use mercenaries to request LDoN raids, but yes, free-to-play accounts work fine.
  4. Weebaaa Augur

Don't you have to mind the level-gap restrictions though?
  5. Kursis Paracelsus Journeyman

So I need 6 players to make a ldon raid? im talking raid not group. If you want to see raid bosses not minibosses.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yep and on LDON's its only 10 levels (15 for DONS) . You can also ask in chat for anyone who is within your level to group even if they are selling in baz or afk. You cannot add people after you have started.

You can use the merc on a regular ldon to make the minimum of 3 required but not in the raid which requires 6.
  7. Ismel Augur

the 6 players dont actually have to be online can invite alts camp out and invite some more
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Use offline toons? Have 2 accounts and never had an issue getting a ldon raid.
  9. Ismel Augur

well it has been years since I last did a ldon raid but back then you did need 6 players in a group to trigger raid might have changed I cant vouch for that =)
  10. Magickon Augur

Yes, ftp accounts can be used to make ldon's. As is mentioned in previous posts, to make an ldon, the characters in your group don't even need to be online.

I make ldon's with my level 110, and login a FTP account that only has level 1 characters. That account only has 4 character slots of course.

Step 1: Logout of your main character and onto another character on the same account.
    2: On the FTP account, login character 1, send that an invite
    3: Camp out of the ftp character 1, login ftp character 2...
    Repeat until you have the fourth FTP character in the group.
    4: Logout of the FTP character on your gold account, and log back into your main character.
    5: Invite the main character to the group from the FTP account that is still online.
    6: /camp desktop on the FTP character
    7: You should not have 6 people in your group, 5 of them as being offline. Request the raid, and do it. Rejoice in the annoying mechanic, and hope that whatever augment you are trying to get is still worth the effort to do these. (It's probably not)