Can epic 1.0 mobs spawn times please be updated

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghaleon, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is this primarily a TLP issue?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I feel like most 1.0s are pretty easily doable in era now on TLPs, on Live there's really 0 practical reason to do them so I'm less sympathetic to people just wanting to fill out another checkmark a few hours faster.

Outside of a couple spawns (Gimblox/Bergurgle maybe?) I can't think of too many that have super rare NPCs on relatively long respawn timers, most of those were addressed a few years back with Ngreth's graciousness.

Speaking from personal experience, you are most likely to get the solution you want or at least move the discussion in the direction you want by offering clear outlines of what you would like to see. Specifics, especially to the devs, are good. Generic complaining, not as much.
  3. Randomized Augur

On Mischief I didn't run into a single person on my monks journey to his 2.0 nor my SKs 1.0 and actually loaded up and gave away a bunch for other people's epics
  4. Bilderov Augur

That wasn't what I was saying. I was pointing out that 'if' the progression chunk of XP is already used on the main, then people were saying how hard it would be to level that personas through 115+ without that added bonus.

It just felt ironic that one thread was telling people levelling is fine as it is even without the progression boost, and another was saying if I don't get my progression boost for my persona, then that's not fair.
  5. Bilderov Augur

Let's look at risk versus reward (or maybe time versus reward) - is the resulting 1.0 epic actually epic anymore?

I've only got 1.0 on my druid and 1.5 on my rogue so I'm not sure how any of the epics fair nowadays?
  6. ForumBoss Augur

Lhranc (sk 1.0 in com) , bergurgle and gimblox would benefit from quicker respawn times.
    Dre. and Fideles like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a difference between adding in new lower level content at the cost of reducing new max level content and reviewing lower level content to determine what the issues are and fixing them. If people want to spend time making suggestions for how existing content can be adjusted to help people level through it later that is helpful. Asking for new content in a new expansion for lower levels isn't helpful with the current expansion sizes.
  8. Bilderov Augur

I don't understand what you're saying. I was pointing out that people with personas are already looking at whether the progression boots XP will apply to them after they've already done the progression on their mains - this is totally separate from this thread.

I was adding that those same people who have already done an epic on their main may well have not thought about having to do it on their personas. If that is the case, then changing the spawn times on epic 1.0+ may be a benefit.

Nothing in my post is asking for lower level content being brought in at the expense of higher level content.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I thought you where referring to the requests that have been made in several other threads about making new catchup content for lower level players. Since how people level up isn't really relevant to a thread about epic 1.0 NPC spawn rates.
  10. Ghaleon Journeyman

You are comparing apples to oranges here. These are not the same thing in any way, and no one is asking for those things.
    Dre. likes this.
  11. Randomized Augur

They are exactly the same thing. You know how long people camp specific named mobs in current content to get specific gear? You used a bad argument is all it is. And now that same argument is being and now it's "that's not what we're asking for".

Are you not asking for the reduction of named timer mobs because it's bothersome?
    What do you think sitting in the same camp for 4-5 hours (or longer because other people are better with camping spawn timers...hey look, another argument you made) for a specific mob is? Bothersome.

And if it's bothersome, then it needs to be changed.

So leveling, gearing, AAs, achievements, clickies. All according to you need to be given to you because someone finds them bothersome.

Make a better argument.
  12. Randomized Augur

Depends on how you describe "fair".

Usefulness in current level content? Well I know the Shaman epic, Bard, and SK are still used to this day (2.0s) and pretty much required to get. Paladin one is useful in situations. Ranger one is useful for in between Auspices. But not the end of the world if you don't get it. Ranger 1.0 is still nice to keep in the event you do not have a slow (bandoiler to 1.0 until it procs, bandoiler back)
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't need a specific name to spawn to get xp for levels or AA not to mention the spawn time on named mobs in recent expansions is lower then it is for a lot of epic quests.
  14. Randomized Augur

And there's epic mobs that are up and go untouched for weeks at a time. /shrug

Again, I'm not against the idea of lowering them and making them more in line with the current times. But the "i had a bad day or two spawning a named - change the entire system for my needs" is just a kneejerk response.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is all anyone (or at least me) is asking for, a review of epic NPC spawn times to make it more reasonable.
  16. Kenderix Lorekeeper

Ah I see where you're coming from! Sorry, I have been posting in those threads, but my posts in here were just about how they're expecting to manage epics with personas.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  17. Kenderix Lorekeeper

That's interesting to know that some are still relevant. Completely expected that the only two that I have (Druid and Rogue) haven't aged as well :)
  18. Fideles Journeyman

I guess this only applies to TLP's, but camping Gimblox and Bergurgle only to have them killed before they even render on your screen by whichever bot happens to be there at the time, is a bit of a downer.

I'd make those two items random rare drops from any goblin in the zone... but that's just me!
    Barton likes this.
  19. Randomized Augur

1-2 mobs taking 1-2 days to respawn when 40 others are up for 3-4 days at a time seems reasonable to me. Small compromise. Even on a TLP I had zero roadblocks on 2 different characters done about 3 weeks apart.

This point in time, on live, having an epic related mob be down is akin to showing up to your favorite camp and seeing it taken. Better luck tomorrow. (this is how I see it).

So my information is coming from years ago. I'm just coming back to the game and that's what I recall. I've also not leveled every character nor done every epic quest line. Like the Druid. First time loggin in today in about 4 days. I'm going to hit 120 on my Beastlord, get some nifty gear, and then I'm going to create a Druid and start leveling him up and what not. First time playing one seriously. So i have absolutely zero knowledge on their epic or their usefulness.

But yes, some are still very relevant simply for their clicky. Take the Bard and the Shaman 2.0 for example. Bard 2.0 clicky increases your chance to critically hit as well as accuracy (so you miss less on melee swings). Shaman epic 2.0 increases the damage of your critical hits. So how you have increased chance to hit, increased chance to do damage, and increased damage on top of the increased chance to do the increased damage.

Now add in SK 2.0. Increases accuracy by another 40% - so you're going to be connecting every swing now. Also, heals you for 50% of your melee damage done (and this extends to group members).

So how you're hitting more often, critting almost every hit, increasing the damage of those critical hits, and healing for 50% of every melee swing you do (upwards of 50-100k heals per swing).

Also why this trio is considered the "optimal boxing set up"
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

At this point in the games life there is no need for any quest to have a single step that can take multiple days to complete especially when you have to compete with other players for that step. This is even more important on a TLP server that is only in Kunark for a limited time and the weapons are actually relevant.

Just because you got lucky on completing the quests with no problems doesn't mean that is the case for everyone who is looking to do them.

No one is asking for them to be instant, just more reasonable to allow for more people to have a chance to complete them.