Can beastlord's trigger their own Venemous Conjunction spell solo?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Razorwulf, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Razorwulf Journeyman

As the title suggest, I am just wondering if I can trigger the 4 spell thing using my dots?
    If not, is it worth using Solo/Molo?
  2. Iribabh Augur

No. Your own dots never count against your own coalition/conjunction.
    [65572/2953] Venomous Conjunction
    Classes: BST/118
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 18389
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -15
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 21, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 4 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 58275 (v484, After Crit)
    2: Limit Target: Single
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Type: Detrimental
    5: Limit Min Level: 111
    6: Limit Max Level: 125 (lose 100% per level)
    7: Limit Min Duration: 18s
    8: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    9: Limit Effect: Current HP less than -3850
    10: Limit Caster Class: BST
    11: Limit Caster: Exclude Self
    12: Cast: Venomous Resolution IV Azia if Max Hits Used
    Text: You are targeted by a venomous covenant.
    Forms a venomous covenant over your target, adding 58275 damage to other Beastlord Damage-over-Time spells (levels 111 to 125 that deal at least 3850 damage) that land on that target for up to 18 seconds.
    If 4 spells land in that time, it will trigger Venomous Resolution IV Azia, dealing 3435319 damage to the target!
    Szilent likes this.
  3. Roxas MM Augur

casting feel like cat is more useful when you solo/molo
    Razorwulf likes this.
  4. Razorwulf Journeyman

I never realised this, I been using it often in combat, never knew it didnt work my own spells
  5. Razorwulf Journeyman

I see this same restriction applies to Rangers, but what about the monk version? Is it worthless too?
  6. Iribabh Augur

Let's shortcut this and I'll just teach you to fish.

Go to raidloot.com
    Click on Spells
    Search the spell you want to know more about (you can use whatever filters you want, I filtered to Monk and put in "Conjunction")
    Set your "Display As" option on the right side to "List"

It will return this:
    Code:
    [65271/8933] Bloodwalker's Conjunction
    Classes: MNK/117
    Skill: Offense (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 11727
    Range: 50'
    Resist: Magic -15
    Can Reflect: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 21
    1: Cast: Bloodwalker's Conjunction Trigger IV Azia (v374)
    2: Cast: Bloodwalker's Conjunction Selection IV Azia (v374)
    Book: Utility Detrimental/Disempowering
    Book: Timer 21
    Casts Bloodwalker's Conjunction Trigger IV Azia on your target and Bloodwalker's Conjunction Effect IV Azia on your group, granting your melee attacks the chance to trigger Bloodwalker's Soulstrike IV Azia and weakening your foe's defenses against those spells from other Monks. If your foe is struck by 10 of these spells, the covenant will be resolved, resulting in 3717122 damage.
    The "trigger" part there is clickable and if you click it, it expands to show this:
    Code:
    [65274] Bloodwalker's Conjunction Trigger IV Azia
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -1000
    Can Reflect: No
    Stacking: Doomwalker's Alliance 10
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 10 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 2400% to 2600% (v483, After Crit)
    2: Limit Spells: Bloodwalker's Conjunction
    3: Limit Spells: [Group 2507033]
    4: Limit Caster: Exclude Self
    5: Cast: Bloodwalker's Resolution IV Azia if Max Hits Used
    Text: You are targeted by a firewalker's covenant.
    Adds between 2400 and 2600% damage to incoming Bloodwalker's Conjunction spells from Monks that were not the initial creator of the covenant for up to 18 seconds.
    If 10 strikes land in that time, it will trigger Bloodwalker's Resolution IV Azia, dealing 3717122 damage to the bearer.
    Also, notice in the explanation of the spell it specifically calls out "other monks". It's my understanding that the monk one is exceptionally awful because it requires something like 4-5 monks to ever have a chance of any sort of reliable proc.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

All detrimental alliance line spells (that's all but the 3 priest classes) require others of your class to do something to the mob the buff is on. The number of others varies depending upon the class and what adps they are using (for example, a wizard twincasting can fulminate another's alliance by themselves, but you would need two wizards at least if not twincasting).

The only exception is rogues. Rogue alliance line depends on the number of rogue made poison proc hits from others .. but is not limited to just rogues.

Other important note ... a fresh cast alliance line spell on a mob from a class will overwrite any existing buff on the mob and you have to start over. Therefore in raids, it's imperative for classes to communicate their usage of alliance spells (usually through class channels, audio/GINA triggers, etc.) or you never resolve anything.

The priest alliance line spells work similar but the buff is cast on a player (usually tanks) and lasts 5 minutes (instead of 18 seconds). Since the buff procs an ae heal from a single target heal cast on the buffed player and the number of counters is high for the end product, the goal is to keep the buff on the player at all times for the healing, and not care about the fulmination.
  8. fortuneteller Augur

This been knowledge since it came out
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

The berserkers feel your pain. I propose the monk and zerk alliance lines merge so they can proc off both classes.

Alliance, Covenant, Coalition, Conjunction of "War and Peace"