Can anyone help - missing character

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by dreadlord, Jul 26, 2016.

1. dreadlord Augur

Hi. Not hopeful that anyone can help with this, but am pretty much at my wits' end. My character went missing (fully paid account of 12+ years, fully paid all that time) about 2 weeks ago. I saw the post about some toons missing on AB after some work or other had been done, and when it was missing left my acc at char select for a long time (and repeated that process a few times). Nada. I have opened a ticket, but have had no response to it in 10 days. I have tweeted and had confirmation that the ticket has been received but nothing else.
    Apart from re-rolling ( ;p) any suggestions? The toon was fully geared, full bank etc

Edit: The account hasn't been hacked - nothing to suggest that (and no-one has ever had my details)
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Unfortunately you will need to wait for a a response from the petition. You might want to read the latest test server bug update thread as I seem to recall it talking about missing characters on test and some patch to fix it. Hopefully whatever is being done will fix your issue too.

There must be something going on as 10 days with no response to a petition for an all access account seems a bit long though I have heard of some taking longer. Any petitions I open are usually minor things but I get resolution in a day or two.
    dreadlord likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can also check status of your tickets thru the main web page. Just to double check that tweet. I wonder if you do a check for corrupted files on the log in screen, if that would help? You know that little sprocket thing. Click it and run the check. Probably won't do anything but strange things happen in EQ.
    dreadlord likes this.
  4. dreadlord Augur

Thanks for the replies - appreciated.
    I always do the full check when I log in, so it's not that.
    The status on the ticket shows open. It shows 'activity' 3 days after I opened it , but there was nothing written - so I assume that was them opening it.
    And, yes, I've had quick responses to minor petitions, but this is something vital and nada.
    The missing toon still shows in fellowship, but is missing from the guild roster.
  5. howaboutno New Member

in my expericence tickets will be processed faster if you use VERY simple english and short sentences...
    character is missing
    account is xyz
    last seen x.y.z
    plz help

if there was activity, some moron (see above as to why i say that) perhaps forgot it. i would just reopen it again and again in your case.
    Draego likes this.
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

This may be related to something that was broken in a recent patch. It is fixed on Test (as of now, we are actually a couple patches ahead of Live). Whenever the patch is rolled out to Live, your characters will likely reappear.

Take this with a grain of salt, however, and keep checking your petition. I know there were some character issues created on both Live and Test after a recent patch, but I'm not a developer and can't confirm.
  7. Madeni Elder

Dreadlord,

How many characters do you currently have on that server? There was an issue sometime ago where the characters were hidden but when "random toon" was deleted on the account the other became visible. If you have a character of no use there; try deleting it to see if Your missing one appears.