buying RoF with a prepaid credit card??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phlicia eci, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Phlicia eci New Member

i recently purchased a prepaid visa card and tried to purchase RoF with it and have had no luck doing so, iv called the card company and had it flagged with my info and still no luck? does anyone know of any specific card they have had luck using?? if so please let me know cuz this sucks =((
  2. Tarrin Augur

I used a wal mart moneycard.
  3. Phlicia eci New Member

can you please be more specific Tarrin which kinda card you used?
  4. Tarrin Augur

Its actually called " Walmart Moneycard". Its a reloadable prepaid card. Visa symbol and everything.
  5. Phlicia eci New Member

and you were able to use this card sucessfully? and did you have to call the # on the card and flag it with your personal info? and thank you for the replies
  6. Tarrin Augur

To set up the card I had to call it and give some personal info. Its a requirement. Card costs $3 dollars a month.
  7. Neodraykl Elder

Visa VANILLA (must say vanilla) prepaid cards work, 100% verified, I used one to buy RoF for a friend. The trick is to go to the Vanilla Visa website and register it with your zip code in order to use for online transactions. They also work for subs and SC, and are able to be filled with any amount you want. There is a $4.95 surcharge when purchasing though.
  8. Tegila Augur

walamrt worked perfectly for me i use it for subs and expacs, 4 preorders went through at the same time no problem. and it only costs 3bucks rather htan 5, and if you use for other things for whatever reason and add 1k to it in a month you dont get the surcharge (of course it costs 3bucks to add money to the card, but quite easy just takethe card to walmart register and tell them you want to add so and so to it, they swipe thecard take your money plus 3bucks and you're done. you dont ever haveto call them either if you want you can register the card online etc you do need ot attach yourss# and such to it but imo thats a good thing. after a few weeks theyll mail you a permanent card with a different number etc on it. this can be handy for a few things as well, if you're afraid of getting recuringcharges you don't want etc from this or that company, once yo uget the new card and activate it the old card becomes useless and wnything that hasnt been cahrged to it can not be charged to it. works well for 1time usage or for longterm use. (worked very nice for me as i ordered something on the original card and paid bunch extra for rush processing etc then found out the item wasnt going to even be in stock for 2 more months etc, and i had to call 4 times to find that out even, so when i activated the permanent card later on, it cancelled the transaction and cut any ties thecompany had to me preventing them from doing anything fishy with my info.

actually i believe yo ucan even have direct deposit sent to this card if you like and that waives the monthly fee as well
  9. Kilzit New Member

If your going to use a prepaid card say for $40.00 dollars put 48-50 on it to cover all charges.
  10. Tegila Augur

if you plan to order right away this is unnecessary. 43bucks buys you a walmart card with 40bucks on it, take it home register it use it done..
  11. Hatsee Augur

I use a card like that because I don't trust SoE with real information, heh.

Yep, works fine.
  12. Phlicia eci New Member

thanks a bunch for the info everyone soon as i can ill go get one=)