Bugged Quest: Shard Experiences

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by wingz-83, Dec 2, 2012.

1. wingz-83 Augur

From my understanding this quest is bugged in at least two places.
    First is step 3.

It seems that the shard spawns only on server up.
    NOTE: I got one of these shards on server up and it appears that the shard was just one of the lvl 91-100 shards as a ground spawn. I do not know but would guess that placing one on the ground and picking it up around the big shard in SL might work?(Unconfirmed)

2) The second is step 8.
    It says to analyze something from the alarans. I have killed hundreds of alarans in the underground city, forsaken village, sarith, and cob. Nothing has dropped off them that seems to work. Writeup on eqresrouce says it's an chunk of argathian flesh or something but this doesn't seem to drop.
    Just wanted to get this out there for people who may be stuck on step three and for those few of us who got the groundspawn to make it work. Hopefully the devs will see this and fix it soon.
  2. Riou EQResource

Wonder if they are tied to getting further in the Phases to unlocking the druid spires by Magus

The Chunk of Alaran Flesh wasn't that uncommon on beta, had 2 drop just from doing the tasks that required killing Alaran in the underground city for example
  3. Liliana Augur

Yeah the chunk of alaran flesh is MIA
  4. Endiment Scale Tailed

No, it's a different item ID#. They look exactly the same though.
  5. Gnomester New Member

I find it hillarious that this quest is broken. They only advertised it on the website for RoF. If these forums are any indication of how long until something works correctly at SOE we'll be waiting a while.
  6. Kaylara New Member

I agree. A broken quest stinks but to advertise it on the website and have it broken for days with no word on fix is pretty bad.
  7. Ytwok New Member

8. CaptAmazing Augur

Awesome link Ytwok. I had no idea a page like that existed.
  9. Nenton Augur

That link is kinda funny. Wish they put dates on when the entries were added because this one has been around a really long time to be on the "Top Known Customer Service Issues" page and still be unresolved other than a workaround:

Items Disappearing During Trades

We have seen reports of items disappearing when players try to trade items or when a trade gets canceled. This can generally be fixed by simply having the character that originally had the item simply log out or zone. The item should be in their inventory once they come back.
  10. Tegila Augur

the link also says that the groundspawns dont respawn, and they do now. since they fixed this and added dru spells to the venders in shards, i wish there was an update about the alaran drop as ive heard rumors of it dropping since then but no links as proof.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The Flesh will be fixed in the patch currently scheduled for 12/12/12. The ground spawns should have been fixed in the hotfix.
  12. smash Augur

Why not hotfix the flesh, at first you could do that in Shards landing.
    Having ground spawns fixed, when other thing not, is a bit useless.
  13. Riou EQResource

Not hotfix-able, that is why it requires the Patch
  14. Gnomester New Member

I appreciate the info Ngreth. Thanks for the link Ytwok. Never knew that existed either!
  15. Savager Augur

The groundspawn shards now spawn underneath the crystals surrounding the giant shard in shard's landing, hopefully that will be fixed on Wednesdays patch as well
  16. Kaylara New Member

I didn't see the Chunk of Alaran Flesh in the patch notes anywhere. Did it get fixed? Thanks!
  17. Tarrin Augur

Yes